BE Happy!

claylc

http://lonniecourtneyclay.com/index.html

I'll send the straights here to military-quotes.com, in exchange for your wackos and cut-ups.

And NOW, presenting the joke!

-----------------------------------------------------
1941: America enters world war II, and a boy without his father idly studies the papers left in his father's private study.

1955: A Beatnik is standing on a corner by a bus stop with a little sign that says "SECRET REVEALED - BE HAPPY!"
A man with a briefcase and expensive suit waiting for the bus can't resist his curiousity, and the bus is late. So he pugnaciously says to the beatnik "What do you know that I don't, you ragamuffin?"
The beatnik says "man, be happy"
The man says "idiot, I am happy"
The beatnik says "look angry to me, BE happy"
The man says "How can you be happy, you slouch?"
The beatnik says "I just BE HAPPY"
The man says "Well you're a stupid jerk, grinning like a fool, idiot"
The beatnik says " B-E-E pause H-A pause P-E-E pause P-I-E"
The man smiles incredulously, then laughs out loud, and exclaims, "It's in code!"
The beatnik smiles, nods and says "cry-pee-to-log-why man".
The businessman bursts into laughter and staggers over to the lamppost laughing hysterically. A cop on the beat comes along and sees the beatnik beaming as the man convulses with laughter. He goes up to the beatnik and says "You again! Am I going to have to run you in? Get out of here, off my beat!"
The beatnik says "sure man, I'm going, I'm going"
That night the man starts telling his son about "cry-pee-to-log-why" and teaching him how to "BE HAPPY"

1969 : 14 years later. A disheveled spaced out hippy is sitting on a park bench with a button that says "Peace! BE Happy". Business persons on their way to lunch appointments glance idly at the loiterer. Finally one takes the bait... Ten minutes later the park policeman making his rounds sees the hippy standing over the businessman stretched out on the bench doing a classic fit of laughter, runs off the hippy and berates the businessman. That night the businessman tells his son about "cry-pee-to-log-why"...

1983 : 14 years later...
1997 : 14 years later...
2011 : Guess what? It's been 14 years, notice anything?

Lonnie Courtney Clay

Back