Happy Father's Day

A video for military dad's..

Thank you for all that you do, have a wonderful father's day..

God bless you

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sueSOl8UrQU"]A Father's Day Salute - YouTube[/ame]

I got a message from my son who is now living in UK, I got a massive lump in my throat when I read, "Thank you for everything that you did for me, I love you Dad."

:smil: Brit, you must be a great dad and an even more fantastic grandpa. It sounds like he loves you very much. I hope you had a wonderful father's day.

:smil: Brit, you must be a great dad and an even more fantastic grandpa. It sounds like he loves you very much. I hope you had a wonderful father's day.

Thank you Sarah, my son and I were always close right from when he came home after being born. All I did was try and put him on the straight and narrow and heaped praise on him when he achieved something whether at school or work or at home. I was quite strict with him, but very fair, we always found something to laugh about and play together. I remember one evening when he was small we were in town where we lived in UK, he wanted to go for a Chinese meal, when I said no he threw a tantrum in the street, I kicked him up the arse (not too hard) and told him to go home. He ran home with me behind him. He's turned out amazing, he's found a good job with an engineering firm in UK, his work mates as well as management have accepted him completely, he is a very likeable boy, he has extremely strong morals. I am so proud of him.

My Granddaughter and I have a lot of fun together, when I tease her she points at me and says "Naughty Dad Dad," (her term for granddad." My only hope is that she will remember me as I remember my Granddad. I still miss him today.

My young one is 8, I'm 54 can't wait until I can get him into the boat to fish.

Enjoy your time together while he is still young, before you know it he'll be 21 and you will wonder where the years went.

Last edited:
Brit, it's so true how they grow up too fast, way too fast if you ask me. We think the time is going by slow when they're young and about to lose our minds sometimes, but one day you open your eyes and wonder where it went..

It sounds like you did a great job raising your son. Your granddaughter must love you very much. I remember when you announced her birth here? Yes the time does fly doesn't it?

I'm happy for you, Brit... :smil:

I think dads who take their sons and daughters (and grandchildren) fishing are pretty cool..

All the parents with young children, cherish this time because it's gone in the blink of an eye.

Last edited:
My bf is actually, by (ex) marriage, is my step's grandpa. But he calls him Dad. Only one he ever knew. And I am mom. Pretty cool. The whole thing. We love to watch him grow.

Back