Happy with election results? (For Europeans!)

Happy with results?

• Happy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Outraged

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

battery

As an American, i'm overjoyed that Bush has won. What do you Europeans think?

No Americans vote please.

Personally I feel sorry for you Americans. You're heading towards a two-class society (rich-poor).

As an European I feel overjoyed-he's ego and the need to be someone in world history will drag you into the pit, which means a chance for Europe to make itself available for some agreements with 3rd parties.
And Bushy has the power to unite Europe however weird that might sound.

If Kerry would win Europe would probably be obliged to send some troops to your colonies-now there's no need to pretend-we'll just say "you cooked it yourself now eat it".

So in the short term-you'll be getting all the attention of the terrorists, the colonies will continue to be a money eater and the economy will come to a breaking point eventually.

Long term-your reputation and influence will diminish-the only way to force deals for you will be war or threat of war which will ultimately put you even in a worse position.

Except if Bushy puts on a new face, then consequences start becoming unpredictable...

I'm rather disspleased. I think it's not good for the world that Bush won. I don't like Kerry that much either but at least it might be some change. I feel sorry for USA because now you probably going to isolate yourself even more from the rest of the world.

rOk said:
Except if Bushy puts on a new face,

If you cannot post without using insults, keep it to yourself. They add nothing to your argument and will result in punitive action.

I'm also somewhat disappointed.

I think of myself as an environmentally conscious person. Kerrys views on things such as renewable energy sources were IMO way better than Bushs. He didn't ratify the Kyoto treaty and now he wants to drill oil in Alaskan national parks. We won't have oil forever and something should be done and the sooner the better.

Well, to be honest, Im pleased. For a few reasons:

1- Im pleased that Bush won because he's Middle East policy is very good in my eyes.

2- Im pleased that he won decisivly, so that the USA dosent need to dwell in this too long, and can go back to normal life.

Now, let me say something else. If Kerry had won, that would be OK two. I think that Israelis need to worry about ower own government first. Let the Americans choose thei leadership, Im convinced we can get along with both republicans and democrats.

Im a bit disappointed as although i dont like kerry and i dont like bush, i would of prefered kerry to win.
1) Bushs foreign policy is driving away former allies
2) Your economy seems to be in decline which is not good for the rest of the world
3) Kyoto treaty - something needs to be done and bush wont do it
4) How can you trust a man who lied about the reasons you went to war

But hes in power, im glad that it looks like he will change his cabinet as rumsfeld and cheney have messed iraq up. and something needs to be changed to get your economy back on track. I dont know anything about rumsfelds successor though, so rumsfeld could be the lesser of two evils depending on who replaces him.

Shadowalker said:
I dont know anything about rumsfelds successor though, so rumsfeld could e the lesser of two evils depending on who replaces him.

Well BBC told that the successor is most likely going to be Condoleezza Rice.

Neither happy, nor outraged...

I think this election was like choosing between the plague and cholera :?

Still, Kerry would have been better than Bush

larsrq said:
I'm rather disspleased. I think it's not good for the world that Bush won. I don't like Kerry that much either but at least it might be some change. I feel sorry for USA because now you probably going to isolate yourself even more from the rest of the world.

Think i agree :)

Back