Handgun Price Limit

joshwright2006

Alright so I have a little over $200 I can spend and I want to get some kind of hand gun. What would be the best pistol to get for around that price?

Whatever you do, do NOT buy a Lorcin, I have seen dozens of them with a cracked and broken breech face. If you entered the word "Crap" into Google a picture of a Lorcin would come up. There are similar pistols to the Lorcin, like the Davis, steer clear of them.

Buy something like a cracking little S&W model 36 or even a used Walther PP in 380 (known as 9mm Short in South Africa). I am sure there must be hundreds of nice guns for sale at your price. If you are unsure what to buy, do you have a friend who has some firearm knowledge?

200 won't go very far. Like he said, you probably should avoid the Lorcin, Raven & simular stuff. You're probably going to have to buy used, something like a .38 or something in the 32/380 range. Try to have a test firing & try for a gunsmith exam

No where we moved we dont know anyone out here. So I cant really test any, I guess I could go to the firing range and try a few there. But yea i know 200 wont go far but will see what happens.

No where we moved we dont know anyone out here. So I cant really test any, I guess I could go to the firing range and try a few there. But yea i know 200 wont go far but will see what happens.
What I meant in this case, you find someone who has a gun for sale in your range, see if he'll meet you where you can shoot it before buying.

Back