which handgun is the best?

I think it all depends on your personal feeling. If you are Serb, better carry a Serbian handgun, for me, when I carry a Chinese gun like this, I will feel much safer and comfortable than with a American gun.

pla_gun_hand01a.gif

Damn! I've forgotten all the names of all those little beauties!

I remember loving that... darn...I just don't remember its name. But it's a German make (a Ruger something?). What about the Walther used by Mr. Bond? :lol:

I used to have a Korean classmate, who owned three guns (one shotgun of some brand that I don't remember, one Browning 22, and one Russian-made cheap 9mm). It was so easy to buy guns those days. We used to shoot on a range nearby...

Another one suffering from the "de Morga" syndrome... I think that's how you spell the name. He was a Spanish fleet commander that was so obsessed with making his ships invincible that he packed in as many cannons as he could, as many ammo as he could, along with Japanese mercenaries as boarding party.
Obviously what happened was the ship was too heavy, and if it fired all the guns on one side the ship would be in danger of tipping over.

Lessons learned: Bigger bullet does not mean better gun. Bigger bullet doesn't mean better gun. Bigger bullet does not mean better gun. It's a mistake a lot of people here seem to make with pistols, rifles, everything.

Personally I think a Glock .45 will do nicely.

SwordFish_13 said:
Hi,

My personal Choice ..............The Desert Eagle :camo:

and i am not sure how many countries allow it for personal use

-=Good Luck=-
-=SF_13=-

red9 said:
what is the best handgun/pistol for private caring and defense?

I like CZ-75. It is reliable, accurate, easy to use and it can take a lot of punishment.

The second choise may be glock but almost all handguns designed from 1911 are quite working devices except chinese low quality NZ-75 copies.

Heya,

//Me listens attentively to the_13th_redneck repeate "Bigger bullet does not mean better gun. Bigger bullet doesn't mean better gun. Bigger bullet does not mean better gun" this for more than an hour.

//Me then walks up to the_13th_redneck ..........with that innocent face and twinkel in eyes and innocence in the voise says softely to him .

"Oooooookey .....buuut i stiiiil like that Pistol Mister :camo:"

As i said before it was my personal choice i just like the Sound Of Magnum :)
:9mm: .

On a serious Note yes Desert Eagle is not Suited for Privete use and self defence.............i entierly agree with that ...........it was designed for Hunting and serves it's purpose well...............for self defence one needs something lighter , smaller and portable and DE is absolutly not that ..................DE in .50 AE caliber weights a hefty 72.4 oz(more than 2 kg).

But if you are theat Arnold type and have no probs handling heavy weaponry & recoil seems to be no big deal to yo..............and don't mind heavy mozzel flash this is the gun for you :rambo:

Cheers
-=SF_13=-

For me, it doesn't matter where the pistol comes from. I couldn't care less if it was American, Chinese, Korean or Russian. I want the one that works the best. The handgun doesn't know that I'm from Korea. Whether it was made in Austria or Korea makes no difference if the quality were the same.
But I'd choose the Glock series because those are some nice handguns. Reliable, reasonably light and has a nice recoil reduction system.
Picking a weapon because of national feeling is a bit immature.

FlyingFrog said:
I think it all depends on your personal feeling. If you are Serb, better carry a Serbian handgun, for me, when I carry a Chinese gun like this, I will feel much safer and comfortable than with a American gun.

these are home made (yugoslav)
CZ 999 showed to be reliable and was ordered by USA,Singapore,UK,Spain and few more

I like what Massad Ayoob taught. Basically, the biggest caliber that you can comfortably use.

And I don't think he means a 44 mag either.

My choice is a Ruger S&W .40. My last was a Smith & Wesson 4006 .40 but I sold it. Then I reacquired that caliber with the Ruger. I love that round.

I alternate rounds in the magazines. Every other round is a HydraShock and the in-betweens are Glaser Safety Slugs with over 600 ft. lbs. of energy at the muzzle.

I plan to get a 5 shot Ruger .357 mag revolver in the future. They are quite compact, but factory loads have less muzzle energy than the Glaser .40 Safety Slugs, even more than Glasers for the .357 - not sure why, but that's the way it is.

Kinda depends in my opinion. Biggest definetly isn't always better in my book. But I think I'll go with either the P229 in .40, HK SOCOM, or the 1911 in .45 obviously, but wouldn't mind a .40 either. Accuracy first and stopping power second is how I see it. If you can put the bullet in the right spot, you won't need a second shot.

Given the two most popular calibers of these days I will give a good carry option for either. For 9mm the best would have to be a Heckler & Koch USP Compact or the P2000. In my experience with H&K I have yet to find a nicer production gun than one made by that company. For a .45 one could go with a USP in that chambering or if one wanted to drop some serious cash they could go and get a Wilson Combat Tactical Super Grade Compact but that comes with a hell of a price tag... 3,495 USD.

Back