which handgun is the best?

--

November 21st, 2004  
red9

Topic: which handgun is the best?

what is the best handgun/pistol for private caring and defense?
November 21st, 2004  
SwordFish_13

Hi,

My personal Choice ..............The Desert Eagle

and i am not sure how many countries allow it for personal use

-=Good Luck=-
-=SF_13=-

FlyingFrog

I think it all depends on your personal feeling. If you are Serb, better carry a Serbian handgun, for me, when I carry a Chinese gun like this, I will feel much safer and comfortable than with a American gun.

--
November 21st, 2004  
It's all a game

Damn! I've forgotten all the names of all those little beauties!

I remember loving that... darn...I just don't remember its name. But it's a German make (a Ruger something?). What about the Walther used by Mr. Bond?

I used to have a Korean classmate, who owned three guns (one shotgun of some brand that I don't remember, one Browning 22, and one Russian-made cheap 9mm). It was so easy to buy guns those days. We used to shoot on a range nearby...
November 21st, 2004  
Kozzy Mozzy

Probably a Glock in whatever caliber you like.
November 21st, 2004  
Marksman

i go for one and only home made CZ M57 TT,or even better CZ 99(9)
November 21st, 2004  
A Can of Man

Another one suffering from the "de Morga" syndrome... I think that's how you spell the name. He was a Spanish fleet commander that was so obsessed with making his ships invincible that he packed in as many cannons as he could, as many ammo as he could, along with Japanese mercenaries as boarding party.
Obviously what happened was the ship was too heavy, and if it fired all the guns on one side the ship would be in danger of tipping over.

Lessons learned: Bigger bullet does not mean better gun. Bigger bullet doesn't mean better gun. Bigger bullet does not mean better gun. It's a mistake a lot of people here seem to make with pistols, rifles, everything.

Personally I think a Glock .45 will do nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwordFish_13
Hi,

My personal Choice ..............The Desert Eagle

and i am not sure how many countries allow it for personal use

-=Good Luck=-
-=SF_13=-
November 21st, 2004  
EuroSpike

Topic: Re: which handgun is the best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by red9
what is the best handgun/pistol for private caring and defense?
I like CZ-75. It is reliable, accurate, easy to use and it can take a lot of punishment.

The second choise may be glock but almost all handguns designed from 1911 are quite working devices except chinese low quality NZ-75 copies.
November 21st, 2004  
Marksman

CZ 999

M 57 TT

and offcourse CZ Z-10,in 10mm AUTO
November 21st, 2004  
SwordFish_13

Heya,

//Me listens attentively to the_13th_redneck repeate "Bigger bullet does not mean better gun. Bigger bullet doesn't mean better gun. Bigger bullet does not mean better gun" this for more than an hour.

//Me then walks up to the_13th_redneck ..........with that innocent face and twinkel in eyes and innocence in the voise says softely to him .

"Oooooookey .....buuut i stiiiil like that Pistol Mister "

As i said before it was my personal choice i just like the Sound Of Magnum

On a serious Note yes Desert Eagle is not Suited for Privete use and self defence.............i entierly agree with that ...........it was designed for Hunting and serves it's purpose well...............for self defence one needs something lighter , smaller and portable and DE is absolutly not that ..................DE in .50 AE caliber weights a hefty 72.4 oz(more than 2 kg).

But if you are theat Arnold type and have no probs handling heavy weaponry & recoil seems to be no big deal to yo..............and don't mind heavy mozzel flash this is the gun for you

Cheers
-=SF_13=-