which handgun is the best?

CZ100 in 9mm or 1911.
If I had money or had to equip a SF unit - Glock 18 with 20 round clip loaded and 30 round backup mags - Then again the MP7 ain't much larger.

I like the Beretta M92F (M9 in the military) because you can get tyhem issued to you, they've got decent stopping power, they're pretty accurate, and nice rate of fire. I've never managed to jam an M9 either...they're pretty easy to field-strip as well.

CZ52 - after replacing the firing pin of course. Cut through body armor like a warm knife through butter. This would be my second choice. You can still find a few of them in places like shotgun news.
The shape of the grips are a bit odd and takes getting used to, but other than that - I LIKE IT.

From the point of a gunsmith (me) for the average person that does not expend enough ammo to stay proficient I'd say a 4" .38 special. Because if you can't clear a stovepipe or misfire you don't need an autoloader.

Otherwise the best weapon is the one that fits your hand well and you can control and shoot well. If you cannot hit anything with it because it doesn't fit you. you are wasting time with it regardless of how great the pistol is. For some it will be something like a S&W Chiefs Specail in .38. Others a Glock or 1911 in 10mm or a few can handle the big magnums.

For me I'll always choose a tuned 1911A1 over anything in .45 or 10mm. preferably a hi-cap. I've fired quite a few custom tuned and or made pistols and revolvers and many of them I can't hit shit with because they just didn't fit my small hands.

The best Handgun is the Glock 18

It only weights 625 grams (unloaded)
it is capable of full automatic shooting ( 1200 rpm )
and you still do have nearly no recoil ( if it is still too much you can set on a device to reduce the recoil even more)
it is not bigger than any other 9mm pistol

And if you say a 9mm bullet has not enough stopping power
well about 20 rounds in only one second in your chest can stop anyone
Try to survive that :rambo:

It's all a game, you're thinking of the German Luger I believe.

For me, hmmm... Haven't fired anything in my life. I'd probally say the H&K USP though.

Back