Hand to hand combat

We should all be traind in h2h but I think the main reason why its not big in the aus army is because young stupid kids who manage to get this training would go out into town full of cofidence and ended up in hospital.

This happens already.

Russian Spetnaz are taught sambo, a mixed martial art, and h2h combat is always a usefull thing to know.

They are?
Team Vympel atleast uses Systema.
So do Team Alfa according to hearsay.

//KJ.

Idc really, My friend just got his Green Instructor Belt the USMC's martial arts program, I can wait to get in and I am going to try to excel in that aspect, because Ive found that practicing marital arts can sometimes be integrated into normal PT workouts, which I am a big fan of haha.

Last edited:
I am a very firm believer in hand to hand combat training.I say that in the belief that it helps to instill a warrior mindset and some self confidance.I used it once in Viet Nam and a friend of mine used it as well.The proper use of the bayonet is something to be taught as well,Will

It does not matter what system you have been trained in. What matters is your ability to use that system and how much you want to stay alive and use and adapt your system. Classroom is crap real world.

I am a very firm believer in hand to hand combat training.I say that in the belief that it helps to instill a warrior mindset and some self confidance.I used it once in Viet Nam and a friend of mine used it as well.The proper use of the bayonet is something to be taught as well,Will

Now you see this interests me. Guns care still equipped with bayonets but I've never known of soldiers being trained to use them. Are you actually still trained to use them?

Back