Hamas force battles police in Gaza

I think they're just pissed off at the embargo on the PLA. They're taking this oppourtunity as a way of justifying they're attacks on an ineffective government. The PLA is really in need of help if it's going to disarm insurgents and militants anytime soon. I don't like Hamas but we shouldn't let the civilians suffer because of them.

5.56X45mm said:
Looks like the New Hamas government is fighting itself.

This is a civil war in Gaza

06.05.11.NoConsequences-X.gif

Why did the Palestinians vote for Hamas in the first place? Is it because they promised more social programs and the like? If that's the case then they're looking pretty ineffectual to their constituents. I don't think the palestinians want war anymore, they just want peace and improvement in their lives.

Hamas should recognize israel so that israel can assist the PLA and they can finally establish peace there. It's better that the palestinians negotiate with the israelis on the final border than for the israelis to act unilaterally.

The Palestinians voted for Hamas, because of a very clever election campaign.

They started at grass roots level, by getting members of their party elected to local councils, actually starting economic and infrastructure reforms, stamping out corruption, and lowering unemployment.
So many people were facing very day what a Hamas Mayor could do, so they decided to vote Hamas into the national assembly.

Did israel actually warn the palestinians that if hamas won they wouldn't send funding anymore? If they didn't then i'd be a little critical of israel since they should've made reprocussions clear in the first place. Sure it might have interfered with the democratic process, but the witholding of aid is a worse situation.

If israel did warn them then i'm guessing hamas must be near and dear to the palestinian's hearts

Back