Half-Life 2 - overrated.

DarkRain

Hmm... Bought the Orange Box a few days ago after being constantly told how Half-Life 2 is "the best FPS ever", & just finshed it. I have to say I'm not very impressed. The game has some serious defiencies; a severe lack of enemies for one & a non-sensical story amongst others. Honestly have no idea why it's held in such high regard,:confused: though I'm sure one of you kiddos' can enlighten me.

Well you have to remember that HL2 is a six year old game (2004) and that compared to more modern FPS it is very dated.

I didnt think it was bad, but I agree that it wasn't as revolutionary as other games. Certainly not as exciting as HL1.

I prefer more military FPS better anyway...

Anyway I still play TF2, if you like a tongue in cheek FPS try that.

Well you have to remember that HL2 is a six year old game (2004) and that compared to more modern FPS it is very dated.

I didnt think it was bad, but I agree that it wasn't as revolutionary as other games. Certainly not as exciting as HL1.

I prefer more military FPS better anyway...

Anyway I still play TF2, if you like a tongue in cheek FPS try that.
This.

That game is old, to put it simply. The standards for games such as it have risen considerably, and much of the remaining hype about it is influenced more by fond memories than constructive criticism. Some people still say the original Mario games are the best games ever... only due to sentimental value.

I had a feeling you were going to say that but in basic areas that are important to a good game it's completely flawed. Doesn't matter when it was made - I don't understand the praise.

Back