Hair Cuts. - Page 5




 
--
 
April 10th, 2010  
usinfantryMOS11c10
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
Hence my comment about the bloke who didn't think that he should have the same innoculations as everyone else? C'mon, you are running out of excuses. There's always an excuse to justify selfish peoples exemptions from the general rules of the society in which they live, and believe me, I think I have heard most of them.

There's always got to be some one, or group who think that the rules should not apply to them. And Yes,... I don't like religions of any variety, as I don't feel that any adult who believes an invisible man living in the sky, should be allowed to carry anything more dangerous than a pair of children's round nosed safety scissors, and definitely not allowed to ever make decisions that could possibly affect the lives of others, either friend or foe.
I also beg to differ on this, and I can prove you very very wrong.

These are the names of some Medal of honor recipients... keep in mind they are all Jewish.
I would hope you would trust these religious war heroes with weapons.
Everyone is entitled to their belief, however when you start insulting the beliefs of others, to the point where you say that believing in G-d is somehow psychotic, I think you may need to wake up face the facts. Just because you believe in nothing makes you no better than me. I am not insulting your beliefs.... yet you insult mine, after I prove to you with factual evidence the reasoning behind something. Seems like you are clearly dealing with some very strong insecurity issues. I have not once told you to believe my religion, nor have I forced it down your throat. I expect that every individual on earth has the right to believe in what he or she wishes. My religion doesn't personally affect you at all, ask any Jew on the forum. We are the one religion on earth that actually tries to turn people away.


The main question is, if my religious views do not affect you in any way shape or form, Why then are you forcing your belief on me?

I'll sum this up with a quote from a very famous and smart man, it might help you understand your actions.



"It amazes me to find an intelligent person who fights against something which he does not at all believe exists."

-Mohandas Gandhi*
April 10th, 2010  
SigJohnson
 
 
Fux me,
I thought this thread was about a hair cut, not some dude's religious belief seminar.
Hasn't this gone on long enough?
You think religion is the be all and end all.
WE GET IT!
You need to understand to most here, the Military way of life, discipline (INCLUDING HAIR CUTS!) is more important than practicing all aspects of a religion.
Thats the way I see it
Get over it
April 10th, 2010  
usinfantryMOS11c10
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
I don't think that he is questioning the directives. Bit I'd say that he is questioning the need for them to be enacted in the first place for such a petty reason.

I also think that you could see this, but, you elected to play dumb. Or isn't an act?

Maybe his religion demands that he doesn't have to march in step, or shower???? It all just gets too stupid for words once you start making exceptions for people's personal choices.

Your just being childish now, I refuse to squat to your level. After showing you rules from the main governing agency which controls the military, you make it out to seem like I am wrong for following something the military said I could do, something which affects me and no one else. I refuse to carry on this conversation when you resort to insults when you know you have lost. Have a great day, and good luck with trying to prove everyone wrong with your "Opinions" instead of using "facts".
--
April 10th, 2010  
usinfantryMOS11c10
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigJohnson
Fux me,
I thought this thread was about a hair cut, not some dude's religious belief seminar.
Hasn't this gone on long enough?
You think religion is the be all and end all.
WE GET IT!
You need to understand to most here, the Military way of life, discipline (INCLUDING HAIR CUTS!) is more important than practicing all aspects of a religion.
Thats the way I see it
Get over it
It was about hair cuts until people cant take the TRUTH and look at an official document. Then have to start making personal attacks at me and my religious views. I gave the "FACTS" and not "Opinions". If you are that dense to not read a little document that says the rules regarding this subject, which I posted, in which The Governing Agency over all US Branches the DOD has stated their rules, then I don't think you can get anything, minus a knock knock joke. The childish manner in which people snap back at something which is clear as day, leads me to no longer participate in this discussion. You were also shown the FACTS, read them or don't, your ignorance on this subject isn't my responsibility.
April 10th, 2010  
senojekips
 
 
Official document, official document,... You don't seem to grasp that we don't give a fig for your official document. I am saying that effectively you are a round peg being allowed to reside in a square hole, exempt from the rules that all others in the same circumstance have to abide by.

When all others have to conform, you feel that you have reason to be exempt purely because you choose to have some ideas that you feel make you different. Just because you can get away with it, don't expect others to love you for it. You are the original "odd man out".

You are "wrong" because you elect to let your religion over rule the fact that you are supposed to be a member of a team.
April 10th, 2010  
SigJohnson
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
Official document, official document,... You don't seem to grasp that we don't give a fig for your official document. I am saying that effectively you are a round peg being allowed to reside in a square hole, exempt from the rules that all others in the same circumstance have to abide by.

When all others have to conform, you feel that you have reason to be exempt purely because you choose to have some ideas that you feel make you different. Just because you can get away with it, don't expect others to love you for it. You are the original "odd man out".

You are "wrong" because you elect to let your religion over rule the fact that you are supposed to be a member of a team.
Get that up Ya!
Good call Spike
April 10th, 2010  
senojekips
 
 
There's nothing that will earn the contempt of one's peers in the forces quite so quickly as to be an alleged member of a team who insists on being "different". As I've said all along if religion is his first priority over being a member of a team he should have joined as a "sky pilot'.

I dunno what's going on in the world today, the "touchy feelies" of the world seem to have our politicians stuffed.
April 14th, 2010  
Hook160th
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by usinfantryMOS11c10
I never had to shave once while in the Army. I am Jewish And I am not permitted to trim the sides of my beard. I was also allowed to wear my yarmulke or kippah under the Beret, and any other military headgear. While inside I was still permitted to wear my religious attire.

There are many things you wouldn't realize you can do.

A person of Scottish heritage can wear a kilt with a dress uniform.
A Samoan is Permitted to have facial tats if it relates to his religion.
A Muslim is allowed to make all of his daily prayers, even if it interrupts duty.

Any religious rights have to be respected by the service. Hence its the very first in the bill of rights.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

If this right is being violated by any unit in any branch of service, then it needs to be brought to the attention of congressmen and respective officers of the unit. It would be a huge mistake to violate this after swearing an oath such as this.......

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

Please read over the first and most important part of the oath again, for good measure.

=)

PS- as long as the headgear isn't clashing with the uniform it is allowed, I take this as meaning it must be of matching color it's okay.
And as for the facial hair, you have to have a waiver for it. I got mine.

If you think that religions don't have that much power in the military. Perhaps you should go to a military church service of your religion then walk into the chaplains office. This is the one place where you will never salute an officer, on or near the grounds of an area that is considered holy. The reasoning behind this is that there is a higher officer present at that area all ready.
Why is there a pic of you in another thread with all of your facial hair removed after you were in the army?
April 14th, 2010  
usinfantryMOS11c10
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook160th
Why is there a pic of you in another thread with all of your facial hair removed after you were in the army?

*S I D E B U R N S*

N O T I C E I S A I D

S I D E S O F B E A R D

I typed large for you since you were unable to see the very easily seen sideburns.

And I was getting married, which I typed below the pictures. Attention to detail. If your wondering why I'm not being nice anymore it's because all I've seen since I logged in for the first time has been Anti-Religion (Especially if your Jewish), Anti Semitism, Racism, and various other isms.

And I'm going through a divorce.

I expected to have adult conversations about the military here, and not arguments over clearly stated military guidelines, or whether my people are even a people.

I really just want to relax.
April 14th, 2010  
senojekips
 
 
It would seem that what you really wanted, was sympathy, someone to massage your ego and rub your tummy.

As you may have now worked out, many of us here are realists, and the old and misused, "Anti Semitism" argument gets quickly consigned to the rubbish bin, where 99% of the time it deserves to be, especially when it is used as a method of stifling legitimate criticism.

Hell, you want relaxation? Nothing would please me more than to help you, but you must learn that sticking your head in the fire is not a recognised method of achieving a satisfactory state of relaxation. Unless of course you are some sort of masochist.

This is an International forum, and people from outside of your faith and country have very different ideas of what is causing most of the grief in the world and the ways of dealing with it.