Hail and well met!

Digital Wanderer

I found these forums while doing a search for military poems, of all things.

Guests apparently cannot see more than 2 or 3 pages of a thread at a time, so I registered to read the rest.

Now that I am here, I am interested enough to check things out, and perhaps post something on occasion. Note that I often browse and post in forums while drinking, so expect bad puns, obscure references, and the like mixed in with whatever response seems pertinent to the thread I am posting in.

For the record, my military time and current job status is: US Army, Reserves, currently teaching high school while awaiting next deployment.

Hobbies are reading - science fiction, fantasy, poetry, a touch of historical fiction, and military history - I bet the last surprises most forum members. I play Magic the Gathering and host a game club at my high school that effectively does the same, although we will play board games if there is interest.

Overall, this looks like an interesting forum.

Welcome Digital Wanderer!!

I'm sure you will enjoy your time here. We don't all drink, but you'll never tell the difference.
:cheers: Cheers!

Welcome Digital Wanderer. I arrived here by the same route. We do have a Poets Lair thread, and I am sure there would be interest in military poems.

Welcome Digital Wanderer. I arrived here by the same route. We do have a Poets Lair thread, and I am sure there would be interest in military poems.

Link please?

A bad habit of mine is that I get too easily distracted when searching forums for specific threads.

I find lots of interesting threads to read, but rarely the one I am actually looking for.

Thanks, everyone.

Surely. Look on 'general chit-chat' for Poets Lair. Fairly new thread, plenty of room there for seekers and creators and sharers of poetry generally, and why not military. I came looking for military poetry connections, but at the same time i got sucked into the 'last man standing' debates. I go away and write more of what I loosely call poetry every time i get up off the canvas! Be lucky. On the subject of military poets, are you familiar with the Dymock circle, just pre 1914-18 WW1, which included Wilfred Owen , Rupert Brooke and Robert Frost among others?

Last edited:
Welcome, Digital Wanderer. I was an Analog Wanderer before there were Digital Wanderers. :wink: We had more steps to wander than just two.

Salve' DW, fellow teacher, Dean is also a teacher here on the forums, though he is Canadian. :)

Back