Haditha Marine May Sue Murtha

Well, I must say that I thank whoever banned his ass.

Nothing irritates me more than a smart mouthed 19 year old kid that thinks he knows everything. The thought he might someday lead anyone in this nation scares the hell out of me!

Yeah nothing like banning people who disagree with you to liven up a forum.

I will agree with TI's ;( on the one.

Well, I must say that I thank whoever banned his ass.

Nothing irritates me more than a smart mouthed 19 year old kid that thinks he knows everything. The thought he might someday lead anyone in this nation scares the hell out of me!

Well Henderson was HARDLY the first one to do this here, and being young changes nothing. We have adults here who do exactly the samething, constantly shoot their big mouths off on subjects they know zip about.

But thats not why he was banned, he was banned for repeatively challenging the Mods publcially. If you've got issues with a Mod you take it up privately with the staff. The Mods arent perfect, they make mistakes, and sometimes they can act like a horse's ass. But you dont undermine the entire site by making war on the staff publically, thats a no-no. Two wrongs dont make a right. Henderson's problem was that we was too much of a hothead. I do think some of the People and Mods were abusive towards him, (there were a few posts that were WAAAY over the top). But instead of handling it intelligently and calmly he lashed out at the world because of it, making noone want to help him which made him even angrier.

Last edited:
I really didn't pay any attention, Marsh.
But since the rule of the day is "be nice to the mods", I figure "be nice to the mods" is the "in" thing to do.

I really didn't pay any attention, Marsh.
But since the rule of the day is "be nice to the mods", I figure "be nice to the mods" is the "in" thing to do.

I see it in professional prospective. A Mod/Admin, cannot allow users to publically undermine the authority of the staff or network policy. I have been doing network admin for 10 years and any user who tries to challenge my authority or undermine my companies IT policy gets his rear-end flattened, regardless of the issue or my personal feelings. This situation was no different, the Mods, and even a few members here did try to tell Henderson this. As I said, he was too much of a hothead to know to pick his battles more carefully.

Frankly I probably would have banned him alot sooner than Redleg did and mind you I agreed with alot of what Henderson said. My only issue with the situation is that Henderson was routinely prevoked (I know this because the same instigators have attempted to prevoke me). The fact is that some people (not all) are habitually rude and aggressive to people who have a different (read: leftwing) opinion here. So if the staff were going to start handing out punishments it would have only been fair to start handing out bans to all sides (as what used to be the case when I first joined). BTW, I am not referring to you, but some others who will remain nameless.

Being in IT is alike like being in the Mob "Its nothing personal, its only business." :cool:

Last edited:
If you've got issues with a Mod you take it up privately with the staff. The Mods arent perfect, they make mistakes, and sometimes they can act like a horse's ass. But you dont undermine the entire site by making war on the staff publically, thats a no-no. Two wrongs dont make a right. Henderson's problem was that we was too much of a hothead. I do think some of the People and Mods were abusive towards him, (there were a few posts that were WAAAY over the top). But instead of handling it intelligently and calmly he lashed out at the word because of it, making noone want to help him which made him even angrier.

That sounds about right to me, About some Mods. Two wrongs never make a right. And It's better to take things Privately,
I'm sure with calm dialogue and understanding with respect towards each other we would come to some type of conclusion.
Aggression and verbal abuse gets you nowhere.

Now Concerning Murtha, I hate to agree with " You Know How" but his right, dead or not theres no disrespect if he's guilty.
But is he really? that's the question.

But November 2005 killings of 24 Iraqis in the village of Haditha. If General overseeing the case was improperly influenced
by an investigator of the 2005 shootings. Nearly all the Marines originally charged in connection with the Nov. 19, 2005,
killings have been cleared.

Murtha, did claime the killings had been done in cold blood, not self defense. “There was no firefight,” Murtha said in May 2006.
“There was no IED that killed these innocent people. Our troops overreacted because of the pressure on them, and they killed
innocent civilians in Cold Blood.”

Authorities charged eight Marines, four enlisted men with counts related to the killings and four officers in connection with the
investigation. Charges were dropped against five men and a sixth, 1st Lt. Andrew Grayson of Springboro, Ohio, was acquitted
of charges he hindered the investigation.

Only one Marine faces prosecution Staff Sgt. Frank Wuterich, who is charged with voluntary manslaughter, has pleaded not guilty.

As reports also claim the massacre was planted by Insurgents.

These types of massacres have happened in all the wars many times, Like the one In NAM, over 300!

Things do get Heated and we tend not to Uphold and deviate for personal retribution. I see 4 of my Buddies dead I will want some
"Pay Back" in justification of their deaths.

All Marines whether US, British, or 1st Marine Corps uphold a "Code of Conduct" And Murdering unarmed civilians is not one of them.

Are those Marines Guilty, The evidence shows they are! If not why all the coverup by the US! The General+++++overseeing the case
was improperly influenced by the investigator, proven Fact.

Just Like the US Killed all those Canadian Soldiers, when clearly on recorded tape the Pilot was Issued orders not to Shoot, well he did!

And you sure tried to cover that one UP, and your Court found the US Pilot not Guilty!

There's no Shame or Dishonour in admitting that the mistake you committed killed many. Covering it up IS!

J

Last edited:
John Murtha..... lets see what good this I can say about it.

John is a good sounding first name. Yup.... good name.

Although the thread has returned to it's original topic, I'd like to remind everyone to please stay on topic.

Back