I had some criminals in my house today I think!

Status
Not open for further replies.
03USMC said:
FutureHMSGrad said:
I know that it doesn't sound bad, but to see those kind of people in this kind of community and how far he walked into my house (I mean, it wasn't like he was standing on my front porch, he had to walk in through closed doors, and up stairs and everything), it was really odd. They think that he was probably going to rob me. Oh I should mention that my car wasn't in the driveway (I let me friend borrow it because it's not like I can really drive with my back injury anyway.), and they left as soon as they saw someone was home. My house is also the biggest one on the street... So, you do the math.

Oh I am doin the math and it's adding up to you believing that a couple of Hispanic people on your front porch are there to rob you.

Guess that means that a couple of Angelos in mis Barrio must be there to score some chiba, or some Blanco ? :roll:

Hey hey hey! I didn't mean it like that at all. Even the POLICE said that three men in an old beat up car who were all the way inside my house, and they ran after they saw me on the phone, couldn't have been good. It wasn't racist, and I don't appreciate you assuming that it was.

"They are Hispanic.
They are in a good (read non ethnically diverse area) neighborhood.
Cars a beater (Read not late model Volvo, Lexus, Minivan,SUV)
They must be here to rob, pillage and plunder. "

No! That was not my thinking at all. You'd have to understand the set up of my house. They had to walk along a rather long walkway, up onto my porch, through a weather door, and a closed wooden door, and then from there, you can either go directly into the downstairs, or up two flights and into the top floor, where they were. There are doorbells located at the VERY front door, the downstairs door, and when you first walk in (in addition to the one at the top door). Plus, they left once they looked into the windows and saw me on the phone. I bet that their intentions were entirely honest. :roll:

But you don't know do you?

After all those kind of people don't belong in your community. Simone

It could also be entirely possible that they saw you, realized that this isn't where they were looking for, and left. But who knows.

Oh plz. :roll: I wasn't being racist and I hate when people think that I am. It's like *you're* the ones being racist... That thought never even crossed my mind, but people just look for tiny little loop-holes in what I say, or how things could (God forbid!) be taken in a slightly different way than I intended. Most of you know me, and do you really think I'd say something like that?

DTop said:
Welcome to the big city! Always lock all your doors and never let anyone in that you don't know. Don't worry about calling the police, they don't mind at all.
BTW, how did you know the men were Mexican as opposed to say Dominican, Puerto Rican, Gutamalan, etc.?

I think that's a fair question and quite possibly why you've been coming across as 03 suggests.

That and this:

FutureHMSGrad said:
I know that it doesn't sound bad, but to see those kind of people in this kind of community

How can you explain this comment?

I don't need to explain myself because some strangers online decided to pick apart what I'm saying. Perhaps you'll understand this concept a bit more if I explain it like when David Hume asked the all important question: Why would a person not antecedently convinced of the existence of a Supreme Being not infer the goodness of such a creature upon examining the facts of nature? .

The answer to this question? A person that was not previously convinced of the existence of a Supreme Being would not infer the goodness of such a creature upon examining the facts of nature because he is only basing his conclusions from how things appear, rather than facts or knowledge of the matter. He is aware of how limited his comprehension of the subject is, however, he cannot come to conclusions, about the goodness of the Supreme Being, with information that he can only hypothesize about; instead, he must have solid awareness of the original topic to draw conclusions and analyze it (in this case, deciding upon the goodness of it). When he is in doubt of the original existence of said Supreme Being in the first place, it is impossible to decipher any further information regarding It, Its motives, Its characteristics, etc.

How can you explain this comment?

Thus, I cannot explain, disprove, or elaborate upon a concept in which I do not understand in the first place. Said concept being what you misunderstood to be my supposed "racism".

Perhaps I'll put it in Layman's terms: If what I originally explained has been twisted and now you are questioning me and asking me to explain something that was taken out of the context in which I originally said it, I am unable to explain *your* interpretation of it, or provide you with an adequate answer because I do not comprehend what you base such questions on.

Shall I continue, or does that quench your insatiable need for me to either admit or disprove beyond all doubt that I am racist? It would probably have just been easier for me to say that I am racist and I hate anyone who isn't white. Either way, that's what you'll believe. :roll:

Alrighty then, I think this thread has run it's course and become too personal. If anyone would like to express any strong reasons why I should unlock it, PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back