Had a look through one of these on the weekend..

MontyB

All-Blacks Supporter
20170225_104416_zpsnaebr7hr.jpg

An A400M, Airbus are looking to sell us a few as replacements for the old C130H's we are flying currently.

They have four aircraft on the short list:
C130J
A400M
C-17 (secondhand)
KC-390 Embraer

But there are other contenders:
The Japanese C-2
Italian Spartan

I know the airforce would like the C-17, personally, I like the A400M but I suspect the government will opt for secondhand C130Js in a continuing effort to do the most half-arsed job.

That being said we are used to flying and maintaining the Hercules so the transition would be the easiest to deal with.

I flew from Malta to Cyprus on a C130, I don't think I've ever gotten over the experience.

Amazing aeroplane, but the bloody noise.

I was never more glad to get off an aeroplane.

I flew from Malta to Cyprus on a C130, I don't think I've ever gotten over the experience.

Amazing aeroplane, but the bloody noise.

I was never more glad to get off an aeroplane.

I am not sure that the A400M is all that loud but looking at the seating I am sure it isn't any more comfortable than a C-130.

One thing I am sure of though is that I am pleased I never took up a career as hydraulics engineer as trying to trace the mass of pipes and cables in any of these aircraft would be a nightmare.

I am not sure that the A400M is all that loud but looking at the seating I am sure it isn't any more comfortable than a C-130.

One thing I am sure of though is that I am pleased I never took up a career as hydraulics engineer as trying to trace the mass of pipes and cables in any of these aircraft would be a nightmare.

What was disconcerting was when the Loadmaster came down from the flight deck making the sign of the cross.

We were allowed up on the flight deck two at a time for a smoke, quite interesting.

Back