HA! What are the odds

USAFAUX2004

While In the NCOA i met my ex, a sea cadet after we were done with lunch. Its funny she told me she got her Petty officer 3rd class (we call them Pitty officer), then we joked because she said she is shooting for 1st by next year, about the same time, and i said By that time I will be an 1st LT.

Hey come on now... Sea Cadets can only reach enlisted ranks, at least until they turn 18. That's one of the reasons I left, I wanted officer experience.

we met in school and then discussed it. Apparently on both sides of the Cadet Groups they think we like each other

c/LtCdr said:
Hey come on now... Sea Cadets can only reach enlisted ranks, at least until they turn 18. That's one of the reasons I left, I wanted officer experience.

Is that right? Only enlisted ranks?

Correct but it has only a partial reason for officers unforms. We are the most Intelligent of All Cadet Corps. in the US because in order to advance we have to complete the correspondence course for that rank.

Time said:
Correct but it has only a partial reason for officers unforms. We are the most Intelligent of All Cadet Corps. in the US because in order to advance we have to complete the correspondence course for that rank.

Don't Push the intelligence bracket, you don't want flaming to start :)
I DK all about SC, but i can tell you that it is easier to confuse them then us when we walk down the street (Although some of the officers get saluted)

Time said:

He who knows not and knows not he knows not, he is a fool,shun him.
He who knows not and knows he knows not, he is dumb, teach him.
He who knows and knows not he knows, he is asleep, wake him.
He who knows and knows he knows, he is wise, follow him.

Also, those who are intelligent are those who are smart enough to keep their mouth shut about that intelligence, in the event that someone were to come along more intelligent then they, and prove them wrong.

CrazyCadet142 said:
Time said:

Also, those who are intelligent are those who are smart enough to keep their mouth shut about that intelligence, in the event that someone were to come along more intelligent then they, and prove them wrong.

Whoa, Sgt Shuping, never expected something like that written from you.

I completely agree with Ms Shuping on what she said, but to add a little. There are the good, the bad, and the ugly. We all have that in every program and service. There are awesome people in CAP that are Search and Rescue brains; they can find a needle in a haystack. There are those in the Sea Cadets who can lead a group of idiots into anything and come out on top with the best dang detachment (squadron/fleet? I don't know the term) ever.

Everyone has their traits and there are rivalries on who is better and who is not. Have fun with them, but know all in all everyone is equal in the end. Just one last word to the wise, don't get in a rivalry battle with any Marines, just don't.

Gorfour20 said:
CrazyCadet142 said:
Time said:

Whoa, Sgt Shuping, never expected something like that written from you.

I completely agree with Ms Shuping on what she said, but to add a little. There are the good, the bad, and the ugly. We all have that in every program and service. There are awesome people in CAP that are Search and Rescue brains; they can find a needle in a haystack. There are those in the Sea Cadets who can lead a group of idiots into anything and come out on top with the best dang detachment (squadron/fleet? I don't know the term) ever.

Everyone has their traits and there are rivalries on who is better and who is not. Have fun with them, but know all in all everyone is equal in the end. Just one last word to the wise, don't get in a rivalry battle with any Marines, just don't.

Actually, the first one is a proverb, I should have included that. It's been my little "thingamajig" since the 8th grade. nobody except me understood it then tho. :p

The second however, I learned from experience with you ;)

Hey... Dont call me Sgt Shuping :p Thats only for people that I get mad at or yell at for complete disrespect toward myself and others. (Don't we love those people?)

Back