H&K's new XM8

Should they Issue this instead of the M16/M4?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Joker said:
Ok, i found an article in my favorite weapon magazines "Visier" about the XM 8 and read again the whole article about it. It seams that the US Government may change the caliber from 5,56X45 = .223 into the new 6,8X43 Special Purpose Cartridge = .270 this will be no problem or change it later. To change a weapon already issued from the 5,56 to 6,8 will cost 1000 Dollar.
After the XM 8 caliber is changed to 6,8mm i think it will may be the best Assault Rifle issued to any military :rambo: !!!!!

The 6.8 is not a "fix-all." In fact, adopting it and retiring the 5.56 would cause more problems than not, while costing men their lives. Despite all of the problems the 6.8 would bring to the US military - it won't even be a viable option for another 5 to 10 years. The round is still being tweaked.

The 6.8 is not a "fix-all." In fact, adopting it and retiring the 5.56 would cause more problems than not, while costing men their lives. Despite all of the problems the 6.8 would bring to the US military - it won't even be a viable option for another 5 to 10 years. The round is still being tweaked.

So which gun/Caliber do you want to become the next Assault Rifle of the US Forces :?: :?: :?:

Joker, the point is not in caliber, the point is that the 5.56x39 is widely used, there are lots of 'em in stock. So there wont be any problem on getting them in the battlefield. But if you get out of ammo, and your rifle ammo is not widely used, then you are in trouble.

I think caliber and muzzle velocity are not the only things that must be taken into consideration. There is reliability, ease of use etc.

I think caliber and muzzle velocity are not the only things that must be taken into consideration. There is reliability, ease of use etc.

Ok, but i think (These are the things i readded) that reliability and ease of use and other things are the advantages of the new XM 8 :rambo:
The only thing that some guys think is a problem with the accuracy and men stop power, and these things can only get fixed with a longer barrel or a faster and bigger bullet. Right :?:

Greetz Joker

It is all black. Look at the link i´ve posted. I also had seen two videos from a US Military test shooting.

Greetz Joker

Back