H&K's new XM8

Should they Issue this instead of the M16/M4?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
read the comparison at hk-usa.com

if you read the comparison between the two the have several diff barrel lengths up to 20''

Re: they do have a 20inch barrel mod

1328 said:
they do have a 20 inch barrel mod for it but carbon fiber is tuff so i ques its cool but i watched the video of the commentary and read the comparison and watched the full auto video and i personally wouldnt mind the chang emuch except for the look but thats alright
:shock: :? Whoa, you're in a hurry, aren't you?

1328 said:
if you read the comparison between the two the have several diff barrel lengths up to 20''
if you read the entire topic, you'll find out that we've talked about barrel lengths already...

:lol:

Like I told another member earlier, there's a new invention out that they're calling a "period." Sounds pretty interesting, I would look into it if I were you, 1328.

And like 1217 said, if you read the whole topic, we have spent much time on the barrel length already, with its pros and cons listed and discussed.

Range

If the barrel is 12.5 inchs would it have a less effective range of the M-4 I really cant comment on the rifle because i have never heard about it.

Re: Range

ruger322003 said:
If the barrel is 12.5 inchs would it have a less effective range of the M-4 I really cant comment on the rifle because i have never heard about it.

Yeah, thats the big problem.

Muzzle Velocity:
XM8:
3005 feet/second (M855 Ball) with 20" barrel
2675 feet/second with 12.5" barrel
2365 feet/second with 9.0" barrel

M16/A2:
3,100 feet/second

Now that's not what I wanted to hear... :( According to this the 20" version will be outperformed by the m-16! I hope these numers aren't right...

testing of new weapon system

A friend of mine just reenlisted into the army after being out for 2 yrs he is going to Ft.Campell and his unit will be a test unit for the new weapon system.I will let everybody know how the testing went

Hi guys. I think the men of HK know what they are doing :idea: . They also build the G36 wich has an absolutely new design with the integral 3x optical sight :sniper: and a red-dot collimating sight :m16shoot: .
I shoot it in my time in the German Army at 25 meters, 100 meters and 250 meters and hitting the targets was very easy.
The G36 also found its way into the hands of various law enforcement agencies worldwide, including British police and some US police departments.The G36 is fed from the proprietary 30-rounds box magazines, made from translucent plastic so you can see how many bullets are left in the magazine. All magazines have special studs on its sides, so two or three magazines can be clipped together for faster reloading.

Ok i don´t know how accurate the XM 8 is with the short barrel but i think it should be ok for the main battle ranges about 250 - 300 meters because the guys at HK should know how far you must shoot as an normally infantry men. But the rest like reliability and handling should be ok. So wait what the test units will say about it.
But i think it will be a good weapon :rambo:

I like an M-16 simply beacause of it's tradition. But if this is going to save lives of the soldiers, and better than M-16, than it's okay with me!

Joker said:
Ok i don´t know how accurate the XM 8 is with the short barrel but i think it should be ok for the main battle ranges about 250 - 300 meters because the guys at HK should know how far you must shoot as an normally infantry men.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok, i found an article in my favorite weapon magazines "Visier" about the XM 8 and read again the whole article about it. It seams that the US Government may change the caliber from 5,56X45 = .223 into the new 6,8X43 Special Purpose Cartridge = .270 this will be no problem or change it later. To change a weapon already issued from the 5,56 to 6,8 will cost 1000 Dollar.
After the XM 8 caliber is changed to 6,8mm i think it will may be the best Assault Rifle issued to any military :rambo: !!!!! Also better than our G36(wich only minus is the small caliber, that will tell you nearly everybody in German Army so i hope they will also change into 6,8mm), wich is a very good weapon :rock: !!!

P.S. Here a picture of the XM 8 in a test unit from the Infantry School "Follow me" Fort Benning

http://www.hkpro.com/xm8land.jpg

Back