H&K's new XM8

Should they Issue this instead of the M16/M4?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
There is the M16A1, A2, A3, and A4.

On that note, I was talking to an MP Captain yesterday who told me that he had used an M16A4 with a collapsible stock, but I have only seen them with solid stocks, anybody know anything about that?

Redneck said:
On that note, I was talking to an MP Captain yesterday who told me that he had used an M16A4 with a collapsible stock, but I have only seen them with solid stocks, anybody know anything about that?

::cough::bullshit::cough::

nulli secundus said:
I dont like the fact that the Army is the one testing it out when it should really be Recon and Navy Seals, those are the guys who should really be testing it out. If it can surivive with Recon and Navy Seals it can survive with the rest.

Actually, the Intergalactic Space Recon Assault Chargers should be the ones testing it.

RnderSafe said:
Redneck said:

::cough::bullshit::cough::

I love the way you put things, Sir. :lol:

im all for the xm 8.
yeah i dontlike the way it looks either.but it looks like it handles well.
will the price m16's go up?
did the price of 45's go up when we changed to the 9 mm?

when the millatry changed it sidearm from the colt 45 to the berata 9mm did the price of the 1911 45 go up(were they more or less in demand?were they more or less in supply)
i would assume if the millatry changed the whole m16 family it would affect price(of the m16) im just to thick to figure out if it would make it cheaper or not.

I still don't understand your question, as you cannot buy an M16 anyway (unless you are a gun dealer somewhere other than California, as far as I know).

There is the AR15, a semi-automatic civilian version of the M16, but the military does not use them, so changes in weaponry should not affect their cost beyond the slim possibility of a step up in their production as factories that produced M16s for the military run out of government work and a resultant drop in price (although the price might actually rise as it becomes harder for the manufacturers to make a profit).

But the answer to your question is no, technically there is no such thing as a semi-automatic M16, so it would be impossible to purchase one. ;)

What I think

i think that if they do change the standard issue weapon to the XM8 then it'll be the same as the change from the M-14 to the M-16. I say H&K is a great gun company and that they have dropped low in the looks department on this case. I mean Star-Trek needs to pack the hell up and go home. No laser guns for me but if it proves to be reliable I think we'll get over the look. But the plastic creates a problem with reliability as well. HMMM.

Bah I don't care what other people say I don't like this or the m-16......

Old faithful has stood the test of time and still kicks butt. This is as sexy as it gets.

25thInfM14.jpg

What does it matter how much ammo you can carry if you have to expend more in a firefight cause your not sure if you hit your target? You know when they get hit by an m-14.

Re: What I think

1328 said:
I say H&K is a great gun company and that they have dropped low in the looks department on this case.
Really? I think it looks fine... I guess that's a personal opinion, and not a really important point anyway. "Gee Sgt. , my gun works fine, but I wont take it in the field, it looks ugly on me and I'd rather die than look bad..." Not a very likely problem, is it? :D

1328 said:
But the plastic creates a problem with reliability as well. HMMM.
How do you figure that? There are lots of reliable handguns with "plastic" parts. (Glock. H&K USP / P8 etc.) So why would this rifle's reliability suffer from plastic components?

Actually that's not even plastic, it's carbon fiber. Now the M16 family has a load of plastic on it, and it seems to be working fine to me. I still don't like the XM8, mainly due to the barrel length, they really need to slap a 20" barrel on all of them instead of the 12.5".

they do have a 20inch barrel mod

they do have a 20 inch barrel mod for it but carbon fiber is tuff so i ques its cool but i watched the video of the commentary and read the comparison and watched the full auto video and i personally wouldnt mind the chang emuch except for the look but thats alright

Back