H&K's new XM8

Should they Issue this instead of the M16/M4?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
IDF has no standart issue bayonets(in fact, i dont recall any fight in IDF's history where bayonets were used), and it still capable of ass-kicking... :roll:

Maybe it's because US army has different tactics...

XM-8 looks nice, but kinda plastic, like a kids toy, but that just my opinion

rovai said:
IDF has no standart issue bayonets(in fact, i dont recall any fight in IDF's history where bayonets were used), and it still capable of ass-kicking... :roll:

Well, I can't discuss that one, but I'd still wish a bayonet mount in my rifle. Being an user of the G36-E, I think that the XM8 is what the G36 should have been. If only it had a longer barrel...

The way the weapon looks can boost a soldiers morale. And I think they should make it bull-pup, to increase barrel length.

It shlould also have interchangeable panels, like Nokia phones... :lol:

rovai said:
The way the weapon looks can boost a soldiers morale. And I think they should make it bull-pup, to increase barrel length.

It shlould also have interchangeable panels, like Nokia phones... :lol:

About as much as issuing them black berets.

About the morale boost - that was joke.

2 Sherman : yeah, and add an internet connection to it...

Have you guys seen Beverly Hills cop III? Eddy Murphy Had a gun like that in that movie, with a few extras..... :lol:

Edited your post a bit, webshots doesn't like direct linking to their images..

Nice "weapon".. :lol:

I dont like the fact that the Army is the one testing it out when it should really be Recon and Navy Seals, those are the guys who should really be testing it out. If it can surivive with Recon and Navy Seals it can survive with the rest.

Marksman said:
thats right,it should be put to test first,in battle if possible
You want to "test" it in "battle" :?: What would happen to the guys testing it if it fails? :?

nulli secundus said:
I dont like the fact that the Army is the one testing it out when it should really be Recon and Navy Seals, those are the guys who should really be testing it out. If it can surivive with Recon and Navy Seals it can survive with the rest.

:lol:

Why doesn't the Army just go back to using the Garand? ;)

We're the most advanced, strongest, best, military power in the whole world yet we cannot design a good rifle. Go figure.

Note: Of course I speak from a total lack of experience and prejudgement, just putting two and two together after all I heard about them.

FutureRANGER said:
We're the most advanced, strongest, best, military power in the whole world yet we cannot design a good rifle. Go figure.

The M16 family are great weapons, as are the M4s. Any weapons platform is going to have things about it that are less than perfect, and these rifles are not exceptions to this rule, but they are very much good weapons.
You were joking about the M1, right? :?

Back