H&K's new XM8

Should they Issue this instead of the M16/M4?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
XM-8 = political pacifier.

Re post below: You can't understand it because I can't spell today. Post corrected.

well

1217 wrote:
If the accuracy with this barrel length is as good as it's predecessors, that would be an improvement.

Well, if it's the same ammo as the M16 I don't see how this could be achieved....? That ammo(and really, any ammo) is greatly effected by barrel length. If you shorten the barrel you will loose range and accuracy.
So, unless there is a new type of ammo, or H&K changed the laws of physics..... ;)

Re: well

sherman105 said:
1217 wrote:
If the accuracy with this barrel length is as good as it's predecessors, that would be an improvement.

Well, if it's the same ammo as the M16 I don't see how this could be achieved....? That ammo(and really, any ammo) is greatly effected by barrel length. If you shorten the barrel you will loose range and accuracy.
So, unless there is a new type of ammo, or H&K changed the laws of physics..... ;)
I don't know either, but maybe they could do something with the quality of the barrel? Rifles a hundred years ago weren't as accurate as they are now, and there could still be room for improvement. But then again, I'm no gunsmith, so I'm just speculating.

1217 said:
Some peoples lives will depend on it, let's hope it works okay.

You don't say? Being in the military I never would have guessed. :roll: As I said, I won't stake my life on it.

I've had the opportunity to play with it - the barrel is too short along with a few other things that I will not get into. IMO, this weapon is not going to do anything but cause more problems where there are already enough.

RnderSafe said:
1217 said:
Some peoples lives will depend on it, let's hope it works okay.
I've had the opportunity to play with it - the barrel is too short along with a few other things that I will not get into. IMO, this weapon is not going to do anything but cause more problems where there are already enough.
Too bad, I still think it looks good.

WHERE'S THE *POOF* BAYONET MOUNT??

If this weapon becomes issue, it would be the first without a bayonet mount. Patton would turn over in his grave. That would be a major milestone (not a good one, for lack of a better word) in the Army's changing philosophy. I think I'll go make a bayonet mount for my rifle.

Note: I poofed it myself to saved you guys the trouble.

Back