H&K's new XM8 - Page 10

View Poll Results :Should they Issue this instead of the M16/M4?
Yes 16 59.26%
No 11 40.74%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

--

June 6th, 2004  
Kozzy Mozzy

The 5.56x45mm needs 3000 fps to fragment properly, so only the 12 inch barrell is going to cut it.
June 6th, 2004  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozzy Mozzy
The 5.56x45mm needs 3000 fps to fragment properly, so only the 12 inch barrell is going to cut it.
I think you mean the 20 inch barrell...
June 6th, 2004  
Kozzy Mozzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozzy Mozzy
I think you mean the 20 inch barrell...
Ohhh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
--
June 8th, 2004  
ruger322003

Topic: testing of new weapon system

A friend of mine just reenlisted into the army after being out for 2 yrs he is going to Ft.Campell and his unit will be a test unit for the new weapon system.I will let everybody know how the testing went
June 20th, 2004  
Silent_Grunt_jb

June 28th, 2004  
Joker

Hi guys. I think the men of HK know what they are doing . They also build the G36 wich has an absolutely new design with the integral 3x optical sight and a red-dot collimating sight .
I shoot it in my time in the German Army at 25 meters, 100 meters and 250 meters and hitting the targets was very easy.
The G36 also found its way into the hands of various law enforcement agencies worldwide, including British police and some US police departments.The G36 is fed from the proprietary 30-rounds box magazines, made from translucent plastic so you can see how many bullets are left in the magazine. All magazines have special studs on its sides, so two or three magazines can be clipped together for faster reloading.

Ok i donīt know how accurate the XM 8 is with the short barrel but i think it should be ok for the main battle ranges about 250 - 300 meters because the guys at HK should know how far you must shoot as an normally infantry men. But the rest like reliability and handling should be ok. So wait what the test units will say about it.
But i think it will be a good weapon
June 28th, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

I like an M-16 simply beacause of it's tradition. But if this is going to save lives of the soldiers, and better than M-16, than it's okay with me!
June 28th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Quote:
I like an M-16 simply beacause of it's tradition
Really? How about marching into a modern battle witha Kentucky Long Rifle? Those have a good tredition too....
June 28th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker
Ok i donīt know how accurate the XM 8 is with the short barrel but i think it should be ok for the main battle ranges about 250 - 300 meters because the guys at HK should know how far you must shoot as an normally infantry men.
June 29th, 2004  
Joker

Ok, i found an article in my favorite weapon magazines "Visier" about the XM 8 and read again the whole article about it. It seams that the US Government may change the caliber from 5,56X45 = .223 into the new 6,8X43 Special Purpose Cartridge = .270 this will be no problem or change it later. To change a weapon already issued from the 5,56 to 6,8 will cost 1000 Dollar.
After the XM 8 caliber is changed to 6,8mm i think it will may be the best Assault Rifle issued to any military !!!!! Also better than our G36(wich only minus is the small caliber, that will tell you nearly everybody in German Army so i hope they will also change into 6,8mm), wich is a very good weapon !!!

P.S. Here a picture of the XM 8 in a test unit from the Infantry School "Follow me" Fort Benning

http://www.hkpro.com/xm8land.jpg