DO YOU GUYS SUPPORT THIS ACTION? - Page 2

View Poll Results :Do you Agree with my actions?
yes 13 92.86%
no 1 7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

--

March 6th, 2005  
thegrinch073

I took a college course in high school called public affairs where you had to take one social problem and create a policy to either correct or lessen the problem. Unfortantly, I was stuck with the group that had three rather lazy and unintelligent persons out of a 4 person group. I almost failed the course due to them until I layed down the law and basically got the group on the right track. I think that you should have made the teacher aware of the problem earlier and still kept the finishied project and letting the others get zeros.
March 18th, 2005  
USAFAUX2004

They did an Alternate assignment and I got my 98%
March 18th, 2005  
Locke

ah group work
most of my uni assignments are group based but we have a good self and group assesment system in process.

IMO: good on you for having the integrity to stand up for what you believe in and for not letting them get away with slacking off. if it was one person and they had a decent excuse, like probs at home ok u make an exception, but not for an entire team. basically all you can do is let the teacher know what is happening in advance.

what we do is we independantly assess how much each other contributed to each section of the project and actually list what they did. they then grade the assignment and then, depending on how you were assessed, your mark is scaled.
--
May 12th, 2005  
USAFAUX2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke
ah group work
most of my uni assignments are group based but we have a good self and group assesment system in process.

IMO: good on you for having the integrity to stand up for what you believe in and for not letting them get away with slacking off. if it was one person and they had a decent excuse, like probs at home ok u make an exception, but not for an entire team. basically all you can do is let the teacher know what is happening in advance.

what we do is we independantly assess how much each other contributed to each section of the project and actually list what they did. they then grade the assignment and then, depending on how you were assessed, your mark is scaled.

putting in some of that Locke Ideology
May 13th, 2005  
Trevor

I had an old spanish teacher that was even worse. If one person didn't do an assignment, the entire class would get a zero.
May 13th, 2005  
C/2nd Lt Robot

Is that legal?
May 13th, 2005  
Trevor

probably not.