GUYS (looking for some advice from the Opposite sex)

CanadianCowgirl

Well, I've recently come out of a nearly 2 year relationship and I'm just getting back into the whole dationg thing again. I was wondering what advice you guys had for me. I've also been recently told that guys don't see military women as "real women". Is that true? Obviously I wouldn't quit my career just to get guys but I was just curious....

Whover told you that, cadet, is an idiot and not worth listening to. Don't worry about your service being a point of contention. If anything it would be a plus for you. Someone with values they are willing to stand by are always desirable to someone of like mind. Plenty of time to find someone too. Just enjoy life and be yourself. Time has a way of working these things out.

personally i would say don't date! just go out with your girlfriends and have fun doing whatever you want whenever you want because when you date you have to plan around two different lifestyles instead of just your own!
as far as military women not qualifying as women i would say that at this point in life you have prbably realized that most men are full of $|-|!+ so just ignore them in the first place! :twisted:

implicature said:
as far as military women not qualifying as women i would say that at this point in life you have prbably realized that most men are full of $|-|!+ so just ignore them in the first place! :twisted:

lol, thanks I'll remember that :lol:

best piece of relationship advice i ever got was from my best friends dad...

"girls are crazy" (which has never been wrong!)

and guys are easy

i'll explain, so many times i've been told by female friends of mine that they don't "get" guys, so i tell them, we're easy there are only three things we actively care about at a base level;

1/ am i hungry
2/ am i horny
3/ am i having fun

i figure that if a girl can solve those three problems, the relationship should truck along quite nicely... has worked for me! (4 & a half years so far!)

No don't take that 3 H's advice. Some of the rational guys out there are not that disgustingly Primitive.

What I advise is for the partner to share something common so the two have something to talk about. Engaging interesting dialouge is important....according to Marital Studies from Humanistic Psychological studies and....personal experience.

I guess I am not one of those rational guys then because at the moment I am thinking I am hungry, I am NOT having fun and well what makes everything fun????

Cabal said:
No don't take that 3 H's advice. Some of the rational guys out there are not that disgustingly Primitive.

What I advise is for the partner to share something common so the two have something to talk about. Engaging interesting dialouge is important....according to Marital Studies from Humanistic Psychological studies and....personal experience.

No way, I say take the 3 H's advice.

Its these guys with these certain "primitive" qualities that turn women on, aint that right OCDTSmith?

The best bet is to find some guy who is in between, you don't want to end up with someone too privimite.

One more thing to add to the 3 H's, don't ever nag, it'll slowly sap away at your relationship.

If you want to try him get him to do something, try saying it nicely with lots of sugar. If he really likes you he'll make an effort to do it. If he does do it, make sure to thank by telling him, or doing something for him that he likes, preferably both, this will make him more willing to do it again.

If he doesn't do it and its not that important, just let it go, it helps to be flexible, just don't nag. Having said that---you shouldn't expect someone to be able to change someone too much.

well, right now im hungry and im havin fun because my girlfriend is on aim for once, and well, im not gonna mention the other one, lets just say for right now, no

Well, I tried the whole "sugary" thing, if something bothered me I tried to bring it up REALLY nicely but I'd still get snapped at. Then I decided to ignore everything that bothered me but that just leaded me to being unhappy. Maybe I've just had a bad experience with bfs or something....I think I believe in keeping the "Hs" satisfied but I think it takes more than that......

Well if you want an idiot take the 3 Hs route. One girl at my school, who I don't care for anymore, seriously could of done better. Currently she is going out with a complete dumb***. Not only does he have a criminal record, he is 15 and still in the 7th grade. Which is due to the two years in juvie.

Well I am celebrating my 8 year togheter with my wonderful wife. And I can only say this - You will see that special girl when the time is right and if you are lucky - You will never know what hit you at all. Never hunt for ladies that is rule nr one. Go and shop or rent a video - And Poof! There she is the goddess. Hunting is over here in sweden in the autumns and then we usaly are hunting elk`s and roe deer`s. I found my wife out of the grid after the hunting season. A man should know better then hunting for girls. You are 18 and then you are probably done with the "playground" activitys. It is now the real love, good sex and pleasant times is comming for you kid! ;) :lol:

Good luck to you and blessings from:
Doc.S sweden the land of vikings!
:viking:

yikes, a 2 year relationship and ur 18

my advice: be urself, dont ask for advice, other people opinions will only serve to make you act other than you normally would. there is nothing worse than someone putting on a show because they think it is what someone else wants.

as long as you have interests, can talk about them and share them with someone, and you are a good listener and are emotionally intelligent, you will be fine. there is no one "right' way to act, no advice is ever right all the time.

hell, your 18, you got all the time in the world to have relationships, i wouldn't stress abt it at all, as long as you give the world your best, the best will come to you.

No that I'm in any position to offer advice to an officer; especially as a basic 3 H male; but shit, Kingston should be filled with eleagable bachelors; and I'm sure Queens has some decent guys from it. With all do respect ma'am it really shouldn't be too much of an issue. Just stay away from any guy mentioning how much they love to cuddle...they have issues and will bring you trouble :p

"Doc S" thanks for the advice, but I'm a lady hunting for a man, lol. But that's ok, if I try to change it around, does that mean that I should sit and wait to be hunted....? ;)

I know its a male thing but i am female!

A 2 year relationship and your only 18 huh.............hun advice from me.......GO OUT GET LASHED AND ENJOY YOUR SELF!!!!

Your young I mean i am nearly about to turn 23 and wish iw as 18 again............you won't know it now but later on you realise that wasting time on a guy at that age is nothing..............go out play the scene just don't jump inot a relationship straight from another one...............

And who ever said men don't see military women as "real" women is talking outta their arse lol

Ok I know in UK that people see military women as sluts................but at end of day you should know whats better in life........you got a life and career mapped out for you.............I know that people in the military are more outgoing and social know how to live..........I noticed this more when i left navy last year.

So take it from a nearly 23 yr old mad woman...........well actually that might be a reason not to listen to me :roll:

Back