GUYS (looking for some advice from the Opposite sex)

OK. As far as guys not likin military women, yes and no. Someone with low self esteem and no confidence probably told you that. A guy with those qualities could see a military women as a threat not a companion, which you dont want that type a guy anyway right?

As far as gettin in a datin thing again, dont. Go out with whoever and try not to look for a relationship, that is the best way to find the right person. If you are lookin for a relationship you will end up without. At your age you need to just hang out with friends and let things happen on their own. I have a little sister who thinks that in order to have a date it means you have to be boyfriend, girlfriend - this puzzles me. I dated lots before I got married, just cause you got out with someone doesnt mean you have to be in a elationship with them.

tell you what i really hate. people who cant make thier mind up for themself and who rely on you to make all the decisions. my last gf was like that and it was a pain in the butt. be decisive. dont sit on the fence. dont say "do you want to do this...." say "come on, lets do this" be sure of yourself!!!! dont leave us guys any way of getting out of stuff, otherwise we will!! believe me, having everything as a question is a pain,we want strong people who will challenge us and help us grow

Psst...Locke

You're the one who needs to be desicive, not your gf.

Most girls are wish-washy by nature, she wants YOU to take charge.

It turns women on for a guy to take charge, most of the time. If you let her take charge in situations like you mentioned, then you will start to turn her off. So be a man, be desicive, take charge.

OCDTSmith said:
Well, I tried the whole "sugary" thing, if something bothered me I tried to bring it up REALLY nicely but I'd still get snapped at. Then I decided to ignore everything that bothered me but that just leaded me to being unhappy. Maybe I've just had a bad experience with bfs or something....I think I believe in keeping the "Hs" satisfied but I think it takes more than that......

Thats because you weren't using the 3 H's were you? Maybe he wasn't happy either, so if you tried to get him to do something, of course he would snap.

So either....

A) Maybe he was no longer happy to be there, he was just simply staying, sometimes people do that. I'm sure if a guy was happy in the relationship, he would make an effort to litsen and try to make you happy too, maybe not always, but at least most of the time.

or

B) You were making him happy, but he was selfish and incosiderate or you two were totaly incompatible, or both, in which case its better to dump him.

As far as being flexible goes, the answer is either....

A) Every person you meet is going to have somethings with them that you dont' like. It might be you're too nit-picky and alot of little things bother you too much. Unless you can get over this, all your future relationship are going to end up in the same way.
Most people who really like each other tend to overlook the little stuff that bothers them.

or

B) You've already lost interest in him a while back, but you just didn't know it. You were staying just for the sake of staying. When you no longer like someone as much, the little stuff they do will start to bother you.

So add to the 3 H's:
Don't nag.
Be flexible.
And also this, when you try to look for a guy try NOT to look for someone that needs major overhauling, pretty much what you have is what you get. Most women make the mistake of going into a relationship thinking they can change a guy completly to their liking--- they're dreaming. You wouldn't want him to try and change you right, so don't expect it with him.

OCDTSmith wrote:

"Doc S" thanks for the advice, but I'm a lady hunting for a man, lol. But that's ok, if I try to change it around, does that mean that I should sit and wait to be hunted....?

*LMAO* :oops: Double :oops: *LOOOL* Back on my seat for now.... *Dry`es some laughter tears out of my eyes* Well *cough* :lol:

Ma`m hmmm no those guys out for hunting --- They are just desperate and have not learn the basic about how a lady should be treated. Leave them to the not so experianced girls so they can learn the hard way too.
Ma`m I would do the same thing as the guy thing over here. Go and shop or rent a video at the local video store. The library is also a good place to go if you are looking for some men with more then just party in their heads. :lol:

Ds:
Sorry about this missunderstanding Ma`m.... *Lifts his hat of* :drill:

Cheers:
Doc.S
:viking:

Well, in my last relationship a lot of people thought I was crazy for staying because he called me down a lot and at one of the parties we went to he pushed me pretty hard so that I nearly fell down. Seems we'd only fight when he was drinking though, but it seems selfish to ask a guy to quit drinking and there was no way of talking to him when he had a few. Maybe just don't go to parties together........? But that's half the fun of a relationship, having fun together.....right? Other than that, when we went out without drinking, things seemed perfect.....

If you find a good drinking partner then you dont have to be worried about fights you know. I have been carried my own wife home at a number of occasions. Not awalys because she had been drinking. More like bad boots when dancing and things like that. We have never been fighting when we have been on a party. And that have to be some partys since we meat in 1997. The trick to keep a relationship good is to have a really good dialogue between each other. Even in sober conditions and then a great deal of trouble is gone with the wind and we can party on without getting distracted of some puny little skirmishes that involves not answered questions that in party times can hit you where you stand and then there is trouble. I have wached alot of friends and their boy/girlfriends when they are parting around. My brother is an expert on this not having a good dialog between him and his girlfriend and all togheter with that he is the jealous type of man. :D But that is something that comes from what I belive is called unsure of his relationship and with good grounds too. She has allready left him for our cousin once but found her way back to my brother. And my brother is only looking for a steady relationship as his older brother you know. But it will not happen before he finds himselfe a real women. Try to tell my brother that without getting burned. Well he found a good women once but she was living almost 60 kilometres away and he is too impatient to hold up distance relationships, well he is my little brother so what can I do? :lol: 8)

Cheers:
Doc.S
:viking:

listen to him

gladius said:
Psst...Locke

You're the one who needs to be desicive, not your gf.

Most girls are wish-washy by nature, she wants YOU to take charge.

It turns women on for a guy to take charge, most of the time. If you let her take charge in situations like you mentioned, then you will start to turn her off. So be a man, be desicive, take charge.
Talking outta arse's for guys com...nd people, so you shouldn't catagorise us all

Re: listen to him

Anya1982 said:
Talking outta arse's for guys comes natural huh?
Bugger me i ain't wishy washy and i sure don't want a guy thats dominant for desicive reasons!!

I'd need a guy to be more dominant than me to tell me to "stfu" at times and not let me walk over him.

It depends in certain situations and people, so you shouldn't catagorise us all[/url]

What did I say?

Did I say for him to be totally dominant? No, I said decisive in certain situations like he was describing. Like "do you what to do this", ect., for going out and stuff like that, because SHE was being wishy-washy.

Secondly did I say ALL women, I said most women. So please read because its going to look like your the one saying something out of your arse.

What I basicly told him is when a girl can't make up her mind, step up and take charge.

I'd need a guy to be more dominant than me to tell me to "stfu" at times and not let me walk over him.

What kind of guys is this?

Isn't this the kind of guy who would be willing to be decisive at certain times?

If a guy can't be decisive at times, do you think he's going to have the brass to tell you to stfu? ...Or am I still talking out of my arse?

OCDTSmith said:
Well, I've recently come out of a nearly 2 year relationship and I'm just getting back into the whole dationg thing again. I was wondering what advice you guys had for me. I've also been recently told that guys don't see military women as "real women". Is that true? Obviously I wouldn't quit my career just to get guys but I was just curious....

I always like a sergeant

Well, I've recently come out of a nearly 2 year relationship and I'm just getting back into the whole dationg thing again. I was wondering what advice you guys had for me. I've also been recently told that guys don't see military women as "real women". Is that true? Obviously I wouldn't quit my career just to get guys but I was just curious....

Let the guys come to you. I think a a guy in the military would be very intrested in a women whos into the same career as them.

Maybe a posted photo of you here might get lads chacing you for dates?

Back