guys im getting married!!!!!! need ur opinion

PROUDsisOFaUSmarine

haha yes yes its true! haha im marrying a marine. :D on april 22nd 2006!!! im sooo excited i cannot wait! i figured all of you being the nice gentlemen you are would gimme ur opinion on the dress i like. i wanna make my future hubbys jaw drop!!! haha thanx guys! :salute2:

bows2.jpg
thats the dress!!!!

sig.jpg
datesmilesmall.jpg
dateresturauntsmall.jpg
and thats the future husband :D

engaged_expat.gif
BSM_Proud_Marine_Fiancee.gif
thproudmarinewife.gif

so what do you think of the dress?????

dammit

*tears up plane ticket to USA*

congratulations!!!
how did he ask? at a romatic dinner? during a time out in the basketball? my cousin got proposed to while hiking!!!!

I'll let you know about the dress later, I'm picking my jaw up right now. :D Years of happiness to you guys.

Congrats, Megan! Woohoo! (Although you probably broke a lot of hearts on the forums here. ;) ) Did you meet him through your brother?

That must be the luckiest Marine ever. :D The dress is pretty? I guess, I wouldnt really know. Anyway, best of luck to you guys. I guess my invite got lost in the mail. :roll:
:lol:

Megan, I'm a lousy fashion advisor, so I'll refrain from any comment about your dress. I will say this though: Congratulations! I've been married over ten years, and wouldn't give up a day of it. All the best to you and your Marine! :love:

I don't mean to be insulting so please don't take it that way.

But for the love of god if you commit to marrying this soldier DO NOT ever cheat on him. The most heartbreaking tales are the all too frequent stories of men at war after killing and watching their brothers die who come home to women who have left them because they where too 'lonely' and fell in the arms of some 'so nice' guy who was at the local bar.

Those are the stories that burn the patriotic part of my soul.

Personally, I don't even believe in marriage for any other purpose than having children because I think it is an ideal that human beings on a meta sense can not live up to. They are too drawn to have sex with multiple partners. But if you do chose to make those vows DO NOT EVER break them if you are with a soldier of our fine nation.

Whispering Death said:

But for the love of god if you commit to marrying this soldier DO NOT ever cheat on him. The most heartbreaking tales are the all too frequent stories of men at war after killing and watching their brothers die who come home to women who have left them because they where too 'lonely' and fell in the arms of some 'so nice' guy who was at the local bar.

Personally, I don't even believe in marriage for any other purpose than having children because I think it is an ideal that human beings on a meta sense can not live up to. They are too drawn to have sex with multiple partners. But if you do chose to make those vows DO NOT EVER break them if you are with a soldier of our fine nation.

If that's all you can contribute to the announcement of marriage of one of our members, then please - DON'T CONTRIBUTE!!!!! :evil:

Toyuzu said:
Whispering Death said:

If that's all you can contribute to the announcement of marriage of one of our members, then please - DON'T CONTRIBUTE!!!!! :evil:

ha ha ha fair enough. I apologize for infringing on the societal custom. I guess I just take marriage more seriously than most.

PROUDsisOFaUSmarine said:
haha yes yes its true! haha im marrying a marine. :D on april 22nd 2006!!! im sooo excited i cannot wait! i figured all of you being the nice gentlemen you are would gimme ur opinion on the dress i like. i wanna make my future hubbys jaw drop!!! haha thanx guys! :salute2:

bows2.jpg
thats the dress!!!!

sig.jpg
datesmilesmall.jpg
dateresturauntsmall.jpg
and thats the future husband :D

engaged_expat.gif
BSM_Proud_Marine_Fiancee.gif
thproudmarinewife.gif

so what do you think of the dress?????

Looks ok I guess but do you think he will wear it?

:)

(Sorry know nothing about dresses hell even the wife wont let me shop with her).

lol on that last comment

Anyways Congrats!!! PROUDsisOFaUSmarine.

I don't know if this is kinda weird but, seeing how proud you are of your brother, and how proud you are of becoming a Marine wife to be. I don't know why, but it makes me proud to be an American.

alright, from a girl perspective, i think the dress is fantastic. nowadays everyone seems to go for a dress without any puff or train, but personally, i like the more traditional style. so you've got the traditional style, but with a modern twist on it.

so, basically, i love it. fancy but not stuffy, traditional but not old, puffy without looking like a oompaloompa (no matter how skinny you are, there are thosedresses)

oh yea, and congrats!

and as for that guy up above saying he takes marriage seriously, he doesnt know you, and im sure you do.

gladius said:
lol on that last comment

Anyways Congrats!!! PROUDsisOFaUSmarine.

I don't know if this is kinda weird but, seeing how proud you are of your brother, and how proud you are of becoming a Marine wife to be. I don't know why, but it makes me proud to be an American.

Amen to that.

honestly, i dont think its gonna matter what you wear. his jaw will be on the ground for a while. th dress is nice. i love the traditional look.

and about whispering death's comment. i think it came off a bit harsher that what he meant it to be. i actually agree with his comment. a good friend of mine recently came back from Iraq and found his wife cheating on him. he was so heartbroken that he just broke down in my arms crying. and for the first time ever, i witnessed two guys crying together....him, and me.

i am sure that that you two wont have that problem at all. It is obvious that you are proud that he is a marine and that you wouldnt do that to him. But Whispering was just saying it merely to have it said. i am the same way. i have 3 married marine friends. and to each of their wives i have gotten on my knees and have pleaded with them not to cheat, at least not while he is deployed. the rest is none of my business. i think that the greatest sin in the world is not to murder, but to cheat on a soldier. I think that any soldier is better off being shot in the head than having to experience that.

to end this on a light note, congradulations. i wish you two the best in the world and the strength and patience to endure life's trials and tribulations. and please, it was asked before but ill ask again, HOW DID HE PROPOSE?

aww this is why this is my favorite place in the world and my favorite people haha :D

first of all thank you for all the congrats and luck and compliments on the dress it makes me feel great :)

second i know u ment well whispering death, i wont ever cheat on him im born and raised in a military family so i already know what lies ahead. plus i would simply die without him in my life so no chance on screwing that up. but i know where ur coming from cuz we all begged my brothers girlfriend not to do that to him too.

third im glad i make people proud to be american. i keep seeing more and more people not take pride in there country and their countrys service men and i think its a disgrace lol. im very proud to be american and im extremely proud to have service members (almost all the men have served in the armed forces) in my family, especially my 2 favorite boys my brother and my future husband the best marines i know :salute2:

ok and the proposal, actually happened without the ring (which doesnt matter anyways) it wasnt some big fancy planned out thing either. we were just laying together a few nights before he had to leave and we were talking, and he just sat me up looked me in the eyes and told me he loved me and couldnt be without me and would like to know if id marry him. it was completely perfect. im flying to pensacola (hes at c-school) to see him in november and hes gonna gimme a ring, i dunno if he'll do it all over with a plan or not. but its really not needed cuz the first proposal was perfect :D

anyways thank again for all the support <3

ohhhh the anticlimax. lol. did u wait a while before giving your answer and make him sweat it out? most voulnerable position a guy can ever be in. im evil. hahaha. but congrats once again.

hhaahahah no i didnt make him sweat it out. i was so excited when he asked me LOL i was just like omg i love you!!! of course i wanna get married!!! i was a typical girl lol. and he was so sweet.! theres no way i could possibly make him sweat, its just too mean 8)

Back