Guten tag

Forever

Feeling most welcomed, Hello. I'm quite new here. Starting out with a friendly shout to everyone.

I live in Canada, West Coast side, and I'm currently a Cadet with RCAC - 386 Sqn. In my last year before I age out. I'm currently signing forms and papers to join up with the Navy in my region, and hopefully serve overseas with my friends.
Then there's my preliminary option, in which I will follow my Brother in arms (Best friend) to Afghanistan, where he is currently on tour with his Unit - in which I'm not sure what unit that is, in USMC.

Anyways, I hope to feel welcomed here and have a few questions of my own answered to the best of ones ability.

Thanks ^^
I was warned what not to mention while I'm there... also warned what platoon I might be put in if I don't start to work on my push-ups..

If you're referring to the fact that you were in Cadets, I wouldn't worry about it. The only thing I wouldn't do is always say "in cadets, we did it this way", or "I learned this in cadets", etc. The instructors are going to know you were a cadet, and unless you constantly draw attention to it, you'll be fine.

And definitely work on your PT. Not just your push ups, but everything. The more prepared you are physically, the easier it's going to be. If you can exceed standard right off the bat, the rest will be simple.

BMQ is only a hard course if you make it that way. It'll challenge you, but as long as you listen to your instructors and keep your head in the game, you'll be fine.

Oh...and make sure you learn the different ranks as soon as possible if you haven't already (both the Navy and Army/Air Force). It'll save you tons of grief by accidentally calling your Master Seaman a Master Corporal. (They don't like that...trust me. ;))

If you're referring to the fact that you were in Cadets, I wouldn't worry about it. The only thing I wouldn't do is always say "in cadets, we did it this way", or "I learned this in cadets", etc. The instructors are going to know you were a cadet, and unless you constantly draw attention to it, you'll be fine.

And definitely work on your PT. Not just your push ups, but everything. The more prepared you are physically, the easier it's going to be. If you can exceed standard right off the bat, the rest will be simple.

BMQ is only a hard course if you make it that way. It'll challenge you, but as long as you listen to your instructors and keep your head in the game, you'll be fine.

Oh...and make sure you learn the different ranks as soon as possible if you haven't already (both the Navy and Army/Air Force). It'll save you tons of grief by accidentally calling your Master Seaman a Master Corporal. (They don't like that...trust me. ;))
I'm warned. I'll be sure not to make that mistake xD We have had a few reg force come into and out of The Squadron - a Master Seaman once... I'm sure I won't mix up ranks again Like my first year :p
But hey - it happens.

And yes, PT of course is all around important - I'll be sure to work towards my goals and what not, Trying to achieve them. Thanks for the advice!

Back