Gurkhali

Why do you dislike the cherry berries?
It is generally agreed that commandos are in general the finest soldiers in the world. The Royal Marines are commando trained, while the Parachute Regiment is not. Royal Marines are in a brotherhood of eliteness which is recognized throughout the world. Paras... are just paras... ;-)

I think the ARRSEWiki entry on these will settle para's vs the Royal marines

The para's

The royal marines

Last edited:
I've worked with both,there is very little to differentiate them.
Both took ages to walk across Salisbury Plain.

I've heard the term cabbage heads about the RM. There are other derogatory terms about them as well, but I don't want to upset the mud boys (Per Mare, Per Terram, somewhere between....in the mud)

There's a friendly (sometimes) banter between para's and RM's. ;) :D

As long as it's stays friendly, I'm happy. You are all wearing the same flag on your shoulders. I remember when I watched a documentary about the Falklands and the British placed the RM and the Para’s on the Canberra (the white whale) it didn't work so well.

I've heard the term cabbage heads about the RM. There are other derogatory terms about them as well, but I don't want to upset the mud boys (Per Mare, Per Terram, somewhere between....in the mud)

"Cabbage heads" refers to the green lid RM's wear. ;) A term often used by those who would never survive RM training.

Feel free to list the derogatory terms, us RM boys can take it! :D ;)

As long as it's stays friendly, I'm happy. You are all wearing the same flag on your shoulders. I remember when I watched a documentary about the Falklands and the British placed the RM and the Para’s on the Canberra (the white whale) it didn't work so well.

Yeah, it's just harmless inter-service banter. :D

If you fail the RM commando course, you automatically join the para's. ;)

These guys, they get all worked up and bash each other, and we medics have to make things right for them...

Why can't you guys settle for a nice game of Scrabble?

Oh... I forgot, you guys can't spell... :)

These guys, they get all worked up and bash each other, and we medics have to make things right for them...

Why can't you guys settle for a nice game of Scrabble?

Oh... I forgot, you guys can't spell... :)

Scrabble is for civilised boring people. ;)

Back