Gunsmith's Toolbox

Missileer

I wonder how many of you have a favorite place to keep hand tools for everything from working on guns to clocks. I have an old Gerstner & Sons machinist toolbox from the 1950s that I keep small stuff in. I recently added a base for gun cleaning supplies. Now I have some pictures of my box type and base and I know that they run about $800.00 new. What is amazing is a picture of a handmade gunsmith's cabinet he had built by Gerstner. The price wasn't quoted but it must have been amazing.

My tool box.
Gerst52.jpg

Base
Gerstbase.jpg

Florida Gunmaker and Custom gunsmith.
CustGerst1.jpg

G. Schorer
Winter Park, FL
Custom Gun Parts Cabinet
GO Pro Series I System w/GOR97DXL added
GORB90
Note the marble pieces he had cut to put on the tops of the Roller Benches - very nice looking!

Gerst1.jpg

That's pretty.

All of my gunsmithing item (tools & firearm parts) are in normal craftman tool boxes or Plano Tackle Boxes.

bulldogg said:
Missileer that is a beautiful tool box, heirloom quality.

The Gerstner family handmakes their boxes and still builds them like the founder. Seems he was a woodworker and built his box which he sold for a week's pay ($5.00) so he became a toolbox maker. Unfortunately, Gerstner & Sons never had any Sons so his Daughters inherited the business, thus the name change.
http://www.gerstnerusa.com/

I don't care if his Daughters took over the company. They still make wonderful wooden tool boxes and if they do it by hand and in America. Even better.

5.56X45mm said:
I don't care if his Daughters took over the company. They still make wonderful wooden tool boxes and if they do it by hand and in America. Even better.

I think what they call Gerstner International is one dealer in Canada but they're still handmade in the US. You can buy used boxes on Ebay and at swap meets but a new one can only be bought from a dealer that has been approved by Gerstner.

Back