Gunshots along PRC/NK border

Italian Guy

Milforum Hitman
Gunshots on the Border, Possible Anti-Kim Jong Il Armed Resistance Movement?
space.gif

Continuous Gun shot at the NK Patrol Checkpoints

DNKF00000558.jpg

Could it be a possible rise in arms or rebellion of the Anti-Kim Jong Il group? One of the South Korean leading newspapers, Dong-A Ilbo, reported on February 7th that there had been simultaneous attacks and gunshots at the Sino-Korean border patrol checkpoints. Where the incidents occurred were Huiryeong City and Onsung-gun, in North Hamkyung Province.

▲ January 28 evening, Namyang Workers District, Onsung-gun, North Hamkyung Province. The NK border patrols found a few men crossing the Tumen River over to North Korea. When the patrols tried to arrest them, the men stabbed them and ran away. In the sack the men left there were three small guns, bullets, a video camera and a cellular phone.

▲ About the same time, Huiryeong City, North Hamkyung Province. A number of people crossed the Tumen River and fired guns at the border patrol checkpoints and ran away. No casualties.

▲ A similar incident occurred at about the same time in Moosan-gun, North Hamkyung Province.

According to the report, four of the same kinds of incidents occurred simultaneously each in a different place. Although little doubt has been raised about the report, there have not been any witnesses yet.

One of the DailyNK sources residing in Sanhe, China across Huiryeong said, “It could be fireworks that the Chinese people set off on the Chinese New Year at the border as a joke.” Chinese people have a tradition of setting off fireworks to chase ghosts away on the Chinese New Year (January 1 on the Lunar calendar).

In a telephone conversation, another source residing in Moosan-gun said, “If anything like that happened, it is most likely that they will keep it a secret and not stir up popular sentiment, but rumor spreads quickly in North Korea too. There has not been any rumor like that yet.” Another source living across Onsung, in Tumen, China, also had not heard anything like it.

Many Desire to Rise Up in Arms

Yet the sources unanimously said, “If they decide to, it is not hard to make such things happen.” In fact, it is not that difficult to obtain arms in China. One of the sources who had formerly been a Chinese policeman said, “You can obtain a small automatic gun with 10,000-20,000 Yuan (1,200-2,400 USD).”

“Most of the guns come in from Russia. There are also privately manufactured guns. Its potency is no different from those used in the military. I heard many defectors saying, “If somebody gives me a gun in my hand, I will start a rebellion. There is a high possibility that a group of that sort can be formed,” he said.

When the reporter expressed doubt based on the high costs, he answered, “If there are supporters.” Possibility is always present.

Dong-A Ilbo quoted a North Korean official as saying, “It is presumed that they were acts by the anti-regime movement formed by defectors, who attempted to spread the word about their existence by crossing the border and using arms.” If the report is accurate, considering the simultaneous occurrences and the similar methods used, it is most probably that the incidents were done by a group with a structured force.

"Armed Resistance will have Popular Support "

Lim Chun Yong, the president of the organization formed by former NK Special Task Force officers said, “Although it may not be revealed to the public, I know that there are about 4-5 small and large-size groups preparing for an armed resistance in North Korea.” He is supportive of such groups.

Following is the dialogue with him.

- Are such armed resistance activities possible in North Korea?

“If you have financial power, it is possible. Although North Korea may look strong, much of the internal infrastructure is destroyed. Much of the former military share our thoughts.”

- Do you think such activities could earn popular support?

“The people talk amongst themselves that the regime is “more cruel than the Japanese colonialists.” Just as the independence movement had earned the trust of the people, if resistance breaks out in one place, it will spread like wildfire.”

- How high is the level of armament of the armed resistance organizations?

“I cannot say. The only thing I can say is that a significant amount of arms entered North Korea.”

- Can you prove that?

“It will be shown by action.”

Lim said, “The problem of North Korea is North Korea’s internal problem and they will solve it themselves.” He said the solution is an armed struggle and the recent gunshot incidents at the border checkpoints are presumed to be actions by those groups supporting the organizations preparing for armed struggle.

There are disputes as to whether an armed struggle could be considered a method for democratization and whether it is right or not. However, the fact is that there are people preparing for it, that there are others who support it and that their activities have begun is notable. We will keep our eye open to watch whether or not the military-first regime maintained by the gun will go down by the gun.

All the democracies of the world today earned it with the blood of common people dying for the cause. This is interesting coming on the heels of the little sawed off :cen: coming for a visit to the city where I live. There is a reason that even in China the police made sure you couldn't get within 500m of his motorcade and kept it a state secret till he was long gone. Having lived in the NE of China I can tell you there are upwards of a million North Koreans who have illegally entered China. That's a decent sized force of ex-pats who would be more than willing to retake their homeland.

With the level of control the NK has over its populace, it very unlikely an uprising will have any success.

Bugfatty said:
With the level of control the NK has over its populace, it very unlikely an uprising will have any success.

The people can raise up in arms and overthrow the government. And I believe that the NK military (it's lower echelon troops) will join the revolution. It will be a bloody civil war, but it will happen sooner than later. And SK will jump the border to help and make sure that NK doesn't become another military dicatorship. it will jump in to make sure that North and South Korea will become one nation.

5.56X45mm said:
The people can raise up in arms and overthrow the government. And I believe that the NK military (it's lower echelon troops) will join the revolution. It will be a bloody civil war, but it will happen sooner than later. And SK will jump the border to help and make sure that NK doesn't become another military dicatorship. it will jump in to make sure that North and South Korea will become one nation.

It is too optimistic.
Each soldiers doesn't have the loyalty.
The most ploblem is communicateless with each mans in NK.
His neighbors might inform him for the reward.
Distrust!

Please imagine it.
South Korea doesn't want to annex North Korea by fear of economic failure.
China wants North Korea to be buffer area.
The military support kim by fear.
The revolution like Romania doesn't occur because most people don,t have televisions and not know wealthy of foreign country.

North Korea may became a country that survived by self sufficiency and sightseeing.
Joke?it,s true
many many tourists have gone from South Korea, Japan, China, and Europe to North Korea.

Watchword of travel in the future.
Let's go to the last communism country and diet!

Back