Gunships Unleashed - Page 3

--

August 4th, 2007  
bulldogg

Restraint gets soldiers killed.
August 4th, 2007  
A Can of Man

My men would come before people who don't have the sense or intelligence to leave an area of conflict.
August 4th, 2007  
Infern0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogg

imho lack of restraint kills innocents right away...and more soldiers in the long run
--
August 4th, 2007  
Yossarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infern0
imho lack of restraint kills innocents right away...and more soldiers in the long run

Unfortunately its in a lot of military doctrine nowa days. But it's there, and it is practiced. Even in the worst of situations.
August 5th, 2007  
phoenix80

Quote:
Like terrorists these liberals always defend here on this forum tend to adhere to the type of restraints these guys talk about.... So sad... these liberals are obsessed with hate for military and service people
August 5th, 2007  
Infern0

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix80
Like terrorists these liberals always defend here on this forum tend to adhere to the type of restraints these guys talk about.... So sad... these liberals are obsessed with hate for military and service people

this sort of comment is the sort of comment that gets me gunning for you P80, it has NOTHING to do with the discussion around the AC-130 and it's use in a built up urban setting.

assume you a referring to me as a "liberal", and then go on to say i "hate" the military and service people....and THAT ****, my friend...STOPS RIGHT NOW.

just because i dont adhere to the kill 'em all and let god sort 'em out attitude that seems to be so prevalent amongst keyboard warriors such as your self, doesn't make me a communist, a liberal or in fact any other loaded term you want to throw around. and i especially resent the backhanded comment that i hate the military... considering that i serve, as do several of my closest friends...and my family's participation in conflict goes back to the boer war i find your comment extremely disrespectful.

people may have different points of view from your own. debating with them doesn't entail you calling them names. you wanna do **** like that? go back to the school yard

I do support the military, actively by serving in the NZDF. now im sure you'll just respond to my rant with another flip "okie dokie" or some other pathetic comment that shows that you know you're wrong. but let this be a notice....i WILL NOT put up with your slander. not one little bit

***sorry for the thread derail***
August 5th, 2007  
03USMC

Quote:

Number 1: This is a discussion. Discussions contain various points of view. Even in regard to military tactics.

Number 2: No where did I see a post that would lead me to believe that Ifern0 advocating nor defending terrorists. And I went back a mile.

Number 3: Having said the above and having had the experiance of dealing with terrorist acts, I will say this.

When you accuse another member of supporting, advocating, or codoning terrorist acts . You better have something better than a case of butt hurt to back it up.

Carry on.
August 5th, 2007  
phoenix80

I don't think I accused any body of any thing. I just said the leftist (regardless of their location) always want to defend terrorists and criticize the military. To them, it is the military that is evil, not the terrorists or insurgents. Plus the the case to back up that is merely their own words.

Thnx!
August 5th, 2007  
senojekips

Quote:
I'm a bit circumspect about that Bulldogg. There's a time and place for all things, I always remember the old saying. "He who hesitates is lost" often re-quoted as "he who hesitates is sometimes saved"

Getting back to the subject at hand. It's not like the coalition do not have a wide range of options and I always feel that as in much police work and our daily relations with other persons in general, only as much force should be used as is necessary to do the job safely, otherwise it may well come back to bite us on the bum.

In general people do not react well, to the over use of indiscriminate force.

But that's just my view.
August 5th, 2007  
03USMC

Quote:
Okay that was my freaking imagination then ^^^^^^^^^^!