Guns of WWII - Page 3

--

March 10th, 2004  
diplomatic_means

I was tired when I watched it it was like one in the morning and I was still trying to study. I think the magazine was curved and loaded on the side of the weapon. it looked longer than the M1 or at least the barrel stuck much farther out from the stock than the M1. It was automatic I think.
March 10th, 2004  
TheSunsetSniper

Possibly the M1 carbine?
March 10th, 2004  
Redneck

Ok, the weapon you are referring to is the M1941 Johnson:

http://www.miltecharms.com/
(it's the middle one on the front page)

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.miltecharms.com/rifles.htm#M1941
The M1941 Johnson was used by the Marine Raiders and the Para-Marines at the beginning of World War II and served as their main semi-auto rifle until adoption of the M1 Garand in late 1942.
It fired a .30-06 round while in U.S. service, but was sold abroad chambered for the 7mm.
--
March 10th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: oh yeah

Looks like a good gun...Weighs a ton...
March 12th, 2004  
No MERCY

Topic: the gun

The gun was extodinarily fast considering the times they were in. The fastest in the west
March 12th, 2004  
Redneck

Sure it was. The fastest in Shangri-la, too.

And it fired magic bullets.
March 13th, 2004  
No MERCY

Topic: Never knew

I bet once this weapon was out to have fun the japs never knew what hit them. They must have been destroyed. If every soldier had this some areas miht have been easier to clear.
May 3rd, 2004  
Marksman

"M1 soldiers best friend" remember that one,now that is true
May 3rd, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: lol

Well,
Let me tell you something...Some of our M1 Carabines have Springfield 1943 printed on them...
June 28th, 2004  
Maciste

Well, just imagine what the polish or the Dutch soldiers felt when they clashed against german troops armed with Mauser 98k, MP-40 and MG-34 lmgs... Well, no more chatty-chat, I think that the best guns of WWII are:
1) Pistol: The Colt 1911 or the Webley revolver.
2) SMG: PPSH-41 gun.
3) Rifle: The Enfield or maybe the Mosin-Nagant (because of its dependability in the worst conditions).
4) LMG: MG-42
5) HMG: Browning HB .50 cal