Guns! Oh dear!

lol

I see this thread being a real winner :bravo:

Just to clarify though, you might want to check your anti-gun sources a little more closely, from what I see this website, while not necessarily pro-gun, is not anti-gun either.

39% of households with firearms isn't a lot, we should work on getting that number up. :mrgreen:

I hate to inform you folks but the number is higher. The amount of firearms in every American household is more something like 51%.
icon_mrgreen.gif

I have been looking up different statistics on this since I read it. It seems the average is about 40% to 42% of American households with at least one firearm. Obviously it could be higher, but this seems to be the standard percentage given from several different sources I've been scanning thanks to Major Google.

I'm willing to bet it it is higher, since like everyone has said that only accounts for registered guns...

Furthermore have you heard how the Aussie gun control is working out, all crime has increased. Armed robber shot up something like 44%, yup took the guns away from everyone but the criminals...

Can't help but notice that information is a little, umm, old. Let's see, the information in that table was from 1992-1994, the current year is 2007, by my calculation that's anywhere from 15-13 years old. Couldn't up but notice that our suicide rate is considerably lower than most of Western Europe.

The National Rifle Association was founded after the War of North Aggression (US Civil War).

Here is the history of it.

The NRA was founded on November 17, 1871, by two Union Army officers, Col. William C. Church and Gen. George Wingate, who were upset with the poor marksmanship of their troops. In a magazine editorial written by Church, he stated their primary goal was "providing firearms training and encouraging interest in the shooting sports".[1] From 1873 to 1892, the NRA operated a rifle range at Creedmoor in Queens Village, New York, where National Guardsmen were trained and international competitions were held. Civil War Gen. Ambrose Burnside, also a former Rhode Island governor and U.S. Senator, was the first NRA president.[1] Former President Ulysses S. Grant was elected eighth president of the National Rifle Association in 1883.[2] Other Union generals, including Phillip H. Sheridan and Winfield Scott Hancock also served as president at various times.
In 1934, the NRA formed its "Legislative Affairs Division". While it did not directly lobby until the formation of the Institute for Legislative Action (NRA-ILA) in 1975, it did mail out legislative analyses and facts to its members, so they could take action themselves. During World War II, the NRA reloaded ammunition used for guarding factories involved in wartime production, and sought to help arm Britain against potential invasion with the collection of over 7,000 firearms for that country's defense.[1]
In May 1977, the NRA began a rightward shift after controversy erupted within the organization over the possibility of banning "Saturday night specials." In the so-called "Cincinnati Revolt", more than 2,000 NRA members met in the Cincinnati Convention-Exposition Center until nearly 4 AM.[3] Harlon Carter, a member of the NRA's Executive Council who had been fired as political action director, was elected the new leader of the NRA. He announced:
Beginning in this place and at this hour, this period in NRA history is finished. There will be no more civil war in the National Rifle Association.[4] Since this change, the NRA has consistently opposed any proposed legislation that purports to limit access to guns by law-abiding citizens. However, they do strongly support some laws restricting access to guns by criminals (notably Project Exile in Richmond, Virginia). The shift also resulted in the ouster of at least one board member who "was told this is a single-purpose organization" after he expressed support for strong wilderness preservation.[5]
The NRA publishes several magazines. The organization's official journal is American Rifleman. American Hunter was added in 1973, detailing hunting tactics, locations, and gear. American Guardian, created in 1997, originally focused on self-defense and recreational issues; in 2000, it was renamed America's 1st Freedom and now covers legislative and political topics. Women's Outlook addresses home security, personal protection, and programs like "Women on Target" and "Refuse to Be A Victim"[6] (Women's Outlook ceased publication in the Summer of 2006. Its editorial content was merged into America's 1st Freedom).
In 1990, the NRA Foundation, a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization, was established to fund gun safety and educational projects.
The NRA has served in a variety of roles over its existence. Besides its political functions, it has been — at various times and in various degrees — an organizer of shooting competitions; a general promoter of marksmanship and firearms safety; an advocate for gun owners, collectors and sportsmen; and an umbrella body for the many local and regional clubs involved in the various firearms-related hobbies.

The National Rifle Association was founded after the War of North Aggression (US Civil War).

Does that make the NRA a Confederate Organization?.... or a Union Organization?
The Traitors of the South did lose the US Civil War after all.

Does that make the NRA a Confederate Organization?.... or a Union Organization?
The Traitors of the South did lose the US Civil War after all.

Union.... it was started by Union Veterans. Says it right there in the first sentence.

The South was closer to the US Consitution than was the Union. The south was not traitors.

Union.... it was started by Union Veterans. Says it right there in the first sentence.

The South was closer to the US Consitution than was the Union. The south was not traitors.

Legally, under United States Law, the Southern States broke the Law.... so says the United States Constitution.

Constitution of the United States
Article I
Section 10. No state shall enter into any treaty, alliance, or confederation; grant letters of marque and reprisal; coin money; emit bills of credit; make anything but gold and silver coin a tender in payment of debts; pass any bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law impairing the obligation of contracts, or grant any title of nobility.
No state shall, without the consent of the Congress, lay any imposts or duties on imports or exports, except what may be absolutely necessary for executing it's inspection laws: and the net produce of all duties and imposts, laid by any state on imports or exports, shall be for the use of the treasury of the United States; and all such laws shall be subject to the revision and control of the Congress.
No state shall, without the consent of Congress, lay any duty of tonnage, keep troops, or ships of war in time of peace, enter into any agreement or compact with another state, or with a foreign power, or engage in war, unless actually invaded, or in such imminent danger as will not admit of delay.

The South also annexed (illegally) United States Government Property.

Jefferson Davis was also indicted for treason by the United States Federal Government, but not tried for treason.
Jefferson Davis was however stripped of his United States Citizenship.

And....
United States Constitution
Amendment XIV
Section 3. No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any state, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any state legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any state, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

Last edited:
The 14th was passed after the War of North Aggression....

Second, the Confederate States seccede from the Union... Thus creating their own independent nation. The Confederate States of America was a independent nation and since it was that means that the States within the CSA did not break any law of the US Constitution because the US Constitution did not apply. The CSA had their own Constitution which was a copy of the US one expect it gave states greater power in rule and also limited the federal confederate government's power in rule.

But this was about the NRA. As such.... let's stay on topic. If you wish to debate me about the CSA. Let's open up a another topic.

Your reinterpretation of the Civil War is highly...inventive. But the underlying fact is this that The Confederacy got its ass KICKED.The rest of what you say is pure history revisionism.

The 14th was passed after the War of North Aggression....

Second, the Confederate States seccede from the Union... Thus creating their own independent nation. The Confederate States of America was a independent nation and since it was that means that the States within the CSA did not break any law of the US Constitution because the US Constitution did not apply. The CSA had their own Constitution which was a copy of the US one expect it gave states greater power in rule and also limited the federal confederate government's power in rule.

But this was about the NRA. As such.... let's stay on topic. If you wish to debate me about the CSA. Let's open up a another topic.

I refuse to debate with you, because you are a secessionist, were as I am an American, so there is no reason to debate this issue with you.

Constitution of the United States
Article I
Section 10. No state shall enter into any treaty, alliance, or confederation; grant letters of marque and reprisal; coin money; emit bills of credit; make anything but gold and silver coin a tender in payment of debts; pass any bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law impairing the obligation of contracts, or grant any title of nobility.
No state shall, without the consent of the Congress, lay any imposts or duties on imports or exports, except what may be absolutely necessary for executing it's inspection laws: and the net produce of all duties and imposts, laid by any state on imports or exports, shall be for the use of the treasury of the United States; and all such laws shall be subject to the revision and control of the Congress.
No state shall, without the consent of Congress, lay any duty of tonnage, keep troops, or ships of war in time of peace, enter into any agreement or compact with another state, or with a foreign power, or engage in war, unless actually invaded, or in such imminent danger as will not admit of delay.

I refuse to debate with you, because you are a secessionist, were as I am an American, so there is no reason to debate this issue with you.

So 5.56, who served the country in the US military with pride and one would presume distinction, and still serves the common public as an officer of the law is not an American.

You say you were in the military. I can see right now that the one thing you did not take away from the military with you was tolerance for another's opinions or ideas. I may disagree with a person's ideas or opinions but I generally can not say outright that they are wrong.

I am from Louisiana. I currently reside in North Carolina, I have lived in many places in these United states, Missouri, Colorado, California, Louisiana, and North Carolina and I have not heard so much bigoted crap come out of one persons mouth as I just read on my screen from you.

Just where do you get off with that kind of crap?

This is going downhill fast...

The NRA crowd is a little creepy. For starters, they are VERY pro gun, and are anti-UN, at least of the ones that I've run in to at gun shows. But I think that guns should be in households. If they're not, then no one will have guns. Except those who aren't supposed to have guns. (Unicensed)

Back