guns always room for one more

That is an impressive collection but they would go absolutely nuts here if they found magazines stored with weapons, we have to have both stored separately and locked.

But turning the picture helped considerably as it initially looked like the wife's shoe cupboard.
:)

sorry may have to turn pic to view

We are looking at buying the kid his first rifle, leaning toward one of the Henry 22LR Lever action range.
Figured it was probably a good time to get him started given that he will inherit a small armoury one day.🤨

When i was about 9 years old maybe just a little younger.For Christmas my daddy placed the very old Fulton Arms 16 gauge non shooting shotgun that my grandmother had given me from my great grandfather after he passed away under the Christmas tree ,with a bow and a card .Wiping the tears from my eyes, my dad said did you look on the gun rack in your room?????? There was a single shoot bolt action JC Higgins 22 scoped rifle. I grew up to become my Dads replacement in life. same sense of humor. I remember him getting a pump up pellet pistol and remember him sitting around on Christmas day .pumping the gun one pump and shooting the glass ball decorations off the tree. of course he had been Drinking just a little.

When i was about 9 years old maybe just a little younger.For Christmas my daddy placed the very old Fulton Arms 16 gauge non shooting shotgun that my grandmother had given me from my great grandfather after he passed away under the Christmas tree ,with a bow and a card .Wiping the tears from my eyes, my dad said did you look on the gun rack in your room?????? There was a single shoot bolt action JC Higgins 22 scoped rifle. I grew up to become my Dads replacement in life. same sense of humor. I remember him getting a pump up pellet pistol and remember him sitting around on Christmas day .pumping the gun one pump and shooting the glass ball decorations off the tree. of course he had been Drinking just a little.

Up until now we have avoided letting him play with toys gun etc. with the hope of instilling in him the idea that guns aren't toys but it is obvious that they attract his interest everytime I have one out so we figured it would be a good to start him on the real thing.

We have a local small bore range to learn at and hopefully in a couple of years he can graduate to something a little bigger, his mother thinks he will be fine but I think back to some of the dumbass things I got away with and will be happy if he graduates school with all his toes.
😁

I have never understood why parents think their kids will be different, from what I have seen they grow up exactly the same.

just like their old man,but each time just a little wiser.10 toes 10 fingers and both eyes.and all the things i would blow up as a kid :salute:

Hehe yes the youthful fascination with fire and explosions.
While I guess I am meant to say that he will never do the things I did growing up I really hope that he does because it was a hell of a lot of fun.

��

some of my guns on my newly painted basement floor

laid out some of my old and new guns, i cleaned the basement and painted the floor with sealer and paint. took almost two months to get it this way

Attachments

• guns on floor.jpg
    guns on floor.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 40
I have always been interested in pistols as they are incredibly difficult to get here.

We are looking at buying the kid his first rifle, leaning toward one of the Henry 22LR Lever action range.
Figured it was probably a good time to get him started given that he will inherit a small armoury one day.🤨
Good to start with something small.

Over the last couple of years I have been picking up a few more modern rifles one of which was an AWM 338 (L115-A3) and he has been fascinated with that ever since it showed up but I can't let him loose with that so we thought a lever action .22 LR would be a little cooler than your standard semi-auto 22.

well Monty did your son get the 22?

Yep now the hard part begins in getting him to understand that he can't play with it whenever he wants, it is very hard explaining restraint to an 8 year old.
We did go out and shoot a few targets though so he is happy.

Back