The Gunny (R. Lee Ermey) on gun rights (videos)

Would have been better if the Gunny wasn't wearing GLOCK all over his person for this talk.

Hehe I never noticed that but the funny thing is that apart from the first video where he exhibits the same dodgy logic as the rest of the gun lobby I can't say I disagree with him, some of the rules sound stupid and the best way to fix it is with your vote (Assuming you have the majority view).

It was recorded at the '08 SHOT SHOW.

Still, we're talking psychological warfare. You must distance yourself from a firearms manufacturer if you want to send messages like these.
Not only must you tell the right message, you must also use other avenues of communication. What you wear is one of these avenues. You don't wear company logo to talk about something to do with what the company manufactures when you are trying to present it as your own personal view.

Still, we're talking psychological warfare. You must distance yourself from a firearms manufacturer if you want to send messages like these.
Not only must you tell the right message, you must also use other avenues of communication. What you wear is one of these avenues. You don't wear company logo to talk about something to do with what the company manufactures when you are trying to present it as your own personal view.
--------------------------------------------
Agreed, its a clear conflict of interest. You cannot express your 2nd Amendments beliefs in a unbias manner while shilling for one of the largest handgun makers in the world.

Yeah, it's weird. I always figured the Gunny as the sort who'd prefer a nice 1911 over any other pistol. But I guess GLOCK pays pretty well. :D

There's only one problem. From what I hear, muggers tend to go around in groups of at least 5 and tend to be armed with knives and pistols. So if a group of 5 guys aims a gun at your back and proceeds to steal all your stuff (including your pistol), what the hell are you gonna do? Then they just have another gun and you're even more pissed off than if you hadn't had a gun at all... or you're dead.

Still, to carry is better than to have nothing at all.

Yeah, it's weird. I always figured the Gunny as the sort who'd prefer a nice 1911 over any other pistol. But I guess GLOCK pays pretty well. :D

There's only one problem. From what I hear, muggers tend to go around in groups of at least 5 and tend to be armed with knives and pistols. So if a group of 5 guys aims a gun at your back and proceeds to steal all your stuff (including your pistol), what the hell are you gonna do? Then they just have another gun and you're even more pissed off than if you hadn't had a gun at all... or you're dead.

Still, to carry is better than to have nothing at all.

This is precisely why I said that they were using faulty logic, the only way the aggressive defense process works is if you are the aggressor which means that unless you are prepared to start shooting at every shady looking person moving toward your car you will always be on the back foot.

There are times when this policy would does work such as home invasion and areas where you know people shouldn't be but it falls over horribly in public situations such as alleys and parks.

It doesn't work very well if you're alone, but in any case if you're alone and in a dark place, you're setting yourself up for trouble. Where it counts is when there's a few people around. THEN the bad guys have some issues.

Yes. A single armed man against a group of 5 is being outnumbered, two or three armed men against a group of five is a fight.

Back