A Gunman In Your House: What Rights Do You Have?

WTF is this Zavasta-Arms.

Shame in Australia the laws are pathetic. If somebody breaks into your house your not allowed to hit them or even TOUCH them, let alone shoot them with a f**king gun.

There is no such law in this country.

A cop will always tell you
EDIT: Also, our house got broken into on Australia day when we were down at the coast. Called the cops as usual, and we had a long talk with them. When we asked what we are alowed to do if we catch a guy robbing something from our house, he said:
"Just leave them alone mate, and just contact the police and insurance company instead.
Or he is the one being sued by some stupid civi who decides to be John McLean.

I don't mind people having a pistol to defend themselves, however machine guns are not needed for this purpose.

Let's not turn this into a gun control debate. It's not the topic, and is only going to end in what Sherman is warning us of in his rant down there.

Can anyone from down under actually verify the laws down there? Even if it's just from your respective state.....

This is why our founding fathers created the 2nd Amendment. All you need is a good 9mm to defend yourself.

Well... hey, I'm just a kid, and all I know is that if someone comes into your house trying to kill you, you have the right to pull that trigger. You're from Australia? I've always been interested to know if it's legal to own guns there? Is it? I believe it is but I haven't confirmed it with myself.

Back