Gun Law

Sevens

Forum Dominatrix
I'm not sure where to put this exactly so if the mods want to move it go ahead. Greenleaf is the closest town to where I live in Idaho. Its a small farming community based around the Friends (Quaker) religion. This proposed law is creating quite an uproar. I just wondered what others thought. Do you think this is a good idea?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14918857/

Great idea. Since America was unprepared at a local and National level on 9/11, a lot of conversation is going on about the enemy in our midst. I foresee a lot more of this activity in the future, especially with Central and South America becoming more belligerant.

I like it. I think though that they should make fire arms training and especially safety mandatory for everyone in a house hold with a gun, as long as they are of an old enough age. say about 18. I think that the biggest concern is gun safety, because some people might get a gun, but not take an actual safety course, which could lead to alot of trouble when they try to use their weapon.

My understanding after speaking with the mayor is that they hope to be able to set aside some city funds to help defer the costs of safety training for those who can't afford it. He agreed with you, istealfreefood, that without the safety training they could have some very dangerous situations on their hands. While I agree that there needs to be training, I'm not sure that the city should pay for it. Idaho is a big NRA state and we have some of the most lax gun control laws in the nation (we were giving an F+ rating in that area), so I guess this ordinance shouldn't have surprised me as much as it has.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15746644/

They approved the law. Oh the joy. LOL And I thought the mid-terms caused an uproar...

Greenleaf smells like spearmint or potato peels, depending on whether the wind blows from the patchwork of green mint fields to the west or the potato processing plants to the east.

Guns, spearmint or potato peels... Can it be better?

I am a bit worried about such a law on the behalf of the population, there will always be one person who mess up. Perhaps I am a bit juding now but ah well...

Last edited:
Guns, spearmint or potato peels... Can it be better?

I am a bit worried about such a law on the behalf of the population, there will always be one person who mess up. Perhaps I am a bit juding now but ah well...

Ya know, I've spent most of my life on the family farm just outside of Greenleaf and I have no clue what they're talking about with the potato peels thing...The mint I will give them because a few farmers do grow it and you can smell it from time to time. But the potato peels...no. Never once have I smelled the potatoes. I've smelled the mint, the hay, the dust, the hops, and the feedlot, but never the potatoes...

This law has really caused a stir. I really am surprised it passed. There's already people talking about getting it repealed. We'll see what happens, I guess. I'm not against it personally, I just don't see the point. This is a town of farmers, church-goers (mostly Quaker), and elderly people. The worst crime was in 1999 or 2000 when a couple kids broke into the high school and stole about $150. Yeah. That's really worth everyone owning a gun...

Back