Gun Grab in N.O.

This is true in virtually every other country in the world, but it appears that there are some in the US who think the rest of the world has it wrong and that they are a special case. It is of no importance that you and everyone else has the proof.

I would like to see comparison as to how many crimes are prevented by "self defence" weapons against how many crimes are committed with those weapons. I think it would make very interesting reading.

The problem is that you are trying to counter an "after the fact" argument, take a look at the Virginia Tech case the main counter this event was that "more people needed guns to stop him" when in reality he still would have had to opened fire first before others could have stopped him which means that people still had to die before him.

As for other countries in the world? Who cares really.
A truly earth shattering piece if wisdom there, Yep,.. like I said in my post above. It's of absolutely no consequence whatsoever that the rest of the world's figures (for first world countries) support my point.

I suppose that it just goes to prove that sometimes people just get the results they deserve I guess.

That's fair to say of course, I agree with that however, if we're going to say that then we also have to say that most likely 30 something people probably wouldn't have been killed before he was taken out.

A very good point.

I am a law abiding person, however if I was ever to come by an unregistered weapon now in Australia I would gladly break the law to keep it. This change of morality is purely as a result of our draconian firearms enforcement laws.

Some laws do little more than "make" criminals out of otherwise honest citizens.

same here.

i have a lot of "illegal" weapons in my home, they are illegal on the street but not in the house. i'd keep it in the house though.

As for other countries in the world? Who cares really. I would not look at all the other countries in the world when trying to make decisions for here for an internal issue. So many folks from all over the world are trying to get here for a reason. Sometimes this looking at other countries for certain things may be relevant, but most likely, rarely.

Isn't that typical... i'm certain you could learn quite a lot. And you already do it every day- that's called Globalization and Modernization. And so many people move to America because they hope to find a last chance... look at all the ghettos, you could learn so much; for example concerning social welfare system and health system. And your constitution is so very old it needs fresh wind, nowadays its far from being the "best".
Enjoy your status until china and India move to the worlds biggest Powers... (the West was the power) may be they won't look at you either...
"looking at others" maybe your last chance to keep up m8 ;) it certainly is necessary to develop your country, "not looking at others is either ignorant or stupid- or maybe both"
thats my opinion

Now now, don't be gettin testy.
I didn't mean to say not to look at other parts of the world when appropriate for certain things. Our firearms is not something I would consider other parts of the world about which is what I was discussing, you brought all this other crap into it.
I do agree with you that China India are gettin to be more and more important in the world.
The West still is the power as long as the proper people are elected.

No problem young man. I re-read my post and I can see how that might have gotten under your skin a bit. I'll try to be more careful in the future.

Pick up Gordon Hutchinson's and Todd Masson's (shooting columnist and editor of the Louisiana Sportsman, respectively) book on the topic, "The Great New Orleans Gun Grab". Really an eye-opener. I know my search/seizure rights- unless I'm caught red-handed with a dirty weapon in my hand, I'm not surrendering it for mere possession.

ObjSRgtLw, I'd bet all my money that the vast majority of people killed with firearms in America are shot with illegally obtained weapons. And I'd also wager that those who are killed by legal weapons most often deserve their fate.

ObjSRgtLw, I'd bet all my money that the vast majority of people killed with firearms in America are shot with illegally obtained weapons. And I'd also wager that those who are killed by legal weapons most often deserve their fate.
I wouldn't be so sure about that, i guess many legal self-defense weapons get their way into criminal hands after the owner gets a new one or loses interest or else. Fact is that you have weapons everywhere for the taking, in Germany for Example you have to take quite a journey to even find one who sells it... The actual amount of weapons present in a state is a general threat to the people i think- legal or illegal obtained...

The problem with certain laws is that is restricts the citizens that do abide the law. But it doesn't change the criminals, because they never obeyed the law in the first place. And this, that's just unconstitutional. If it's registered, and they have a license, there shouldn't be any of these gun grabs.

I wouldn't be so sure about that, i guess many legal self-defense weapons get their way into criminal hands after the owner gets a new one or loses interest or else. Fact is that you have weapons everywhere for the taking, in Germany for Example you have to take quite a journey to even find one who sells it... The actual amount of weapons present in a state is a general threat to the people i think- legal or illegal obtained...

I have seen on many occasions where weapons used in the commission of crimes have been stolen from legal owners.

This is where the fact that not having so many weapons in the hands of the public, reduces the number available to criminals. If they are not in the general populace to start with, they can't be stolen.

Than to avoid car thefts, no one is allowed to drive or own a vehicle either. To avoid murder, no one is allowed knives, shovels, trees, anything metal, wood, concrete or anything else hard enough to kill someone with. Life would be pretty boring. We all walk around in open space but your not allowed within 100 yards of another person because you might kill them. See how stupid that could get. I'll take my guns, I'd rather be authorized to shoot the idiots that try to steal them.

Last edited:
You can buy another car. Try buying back your life, or that of a loved one.

Plus, It's been a long while since of read about a clerk being held up and threatened with a cinder block or a tree.

Guns, especially hand guns, are just too convenient, too easily concealed, and far too deadly. Plus they can kill or maim at a considerable distance.

The answer being that the bad guys don't steal your weapons while you are waiting around for them, they choose the time and place to rob your house, like while you are at work,... And it happens dozens of times a day.

I have seen on many occasions where weapons used in the commission of crimes have been stolen from legal owners.

This is where the fact that not having so many weapons in the hands of the public, reduces the number available to criminals. If they are not in the general populace to start with, they can't be stolen.
That's exactly what i wanted to say, thnx :)

@ Aiki: Its easier to kill someone with a Gun than to take a shovel and hit him like 20 times until he's dead isn't it... i think you miss the point here. You make a Robbery with a gun- and if it's hard to get one or there are so few its easier for the police to get information about the weapon, where its from etc. ... in America there are so many weapons which makes it very difficult- that should be an important aspect but then- maybe i'll try my luck with a tree next time i robb a bank ;)
Again i agree with senojekips

Last edited:
Genie's out of the bottle. Not hard to find fully-automatic rifles and cheaper-than-legal handguns anywhere in America.

You're not going to fin FA weapons here without a $22k or more price tag and a Class III License, hoss.

Sorry to disappoint, but the liberal myths are just that: Myths.

Show me ONE crime committed with an automatic weapon in the last 20 years ASIDE from the Hollywood bank attempt.

Last edited:
Back