Guitar players extraordinaire - what a concert!

DTop

I went to a great concert last night. I saw Eric Clapton and his latest touring band which was amazing. "Slowhand" was accompanied on guitar by Doyle Bramhall II and the renowned slide guitarist Derek Trucks who were both incredible. If you haven't seen him Bramhill is interesting not only because of his truly amazing playing ability but because he not only plays left-handed, but his guitars are strung as if to be played by a right handed player. It looks a little strange but he sounds fantastic.
The opening act was The Robert Cray Band with Cray's masterful blues guitar. This was enthusiastically received until their second to last song. It was a song called "Twenty" which speaks about an American soldier that fought in Iraq. It features the lines "When you're used up, where do you go?" and "gotta fight the rich man's war", etc.. There were quite a number of resounding boos after that anti-War on Terror ditty. I'm not going to tell you how I felt about it but my throat's a little sorer this morning than my hands are from applauding :wink:
In general, in was a really good to see the mastery of Clapton is still alive and well. Anyone else have the privilege of seeing him lately?

You saw trucks in concert? Man, I envy you. I've always enjoyed his work with the Allmman Brothers, and Clapton's been a favorite as well.

Clapton's working to preserve our right to enjoy the outdoors, too. Gotta give him props on playing ability and conservationism.

Back