Guess who this WW2 leader is......

A Clue

Throughout his time in North Africa, Sicily and Italy, he gained a reputation for being an expert in combined operations and was selected for a significant command role in the Normandy D-Day landings.

For some reason he reminds me of Sir Harold Alexander but I can not find a photo to verify.

Monty

No it isn't Sir Harold Alexander, he was quite senior though. Someone a little less flamboyant than many more famous commanders of similar rank who was involved in the NW Europe campaign.

Well he is obviously British, Army, very senior, commanded major formations in the D-day landings and is not Montgomery.

So it is pretty well a process of elimination really, photograph or not!

Well he is obviously British, Army, very senior, commanded major formations in the D-day landings and is not Montgomery.

So it is pretty well a process of elimination really, photograph or not!

This is really bugging me as I even have the photograph sitting in front of me but it has no caption so I am going to take another guess to keep things rolling... Lieutenant-General Miles Dempsey.

It would be good to see a few more people attempting these, Monty seems to be doing all the work.

With this in mind I will present a photo that should be very straight forward.

wwp.jpg

Clue: Third Army.

Back