Guess I oughta intro

Armychef

Ello ello,

Michael here. rejoined the US Army back in november after being out 15 year. Felt duty's call again .

Spent 1985-89 as a M60A3 tank crewman. 85-86 D 2/72 Armor Camp Casey Korea. 86-89 C 4/68 at Ft Carson.

89-91 I was a combat medic in the Illinois National Guard while also a volunteer EMT-A for my Hometown EMS.

I went to the Colorado School Of Trades to Learn gunsmithing. I worked for as a smith for a while until I realised I wasn't going to make a desent living doing it because there just are as many people willing to invest money in good gunsmith work in this throw away sociaty.

So I moved on and became a sushi chef and started university for my BA in culinary management.

When I found out that the Army is very short handed on cooks I offered up my services to service those serving the country knowing full well what most soldiers think of army cooks. :shock: :D

Well at least I won't have to listen to the liberals comparing a SEAL that smacked around a terrorist a bit to Hitler in the mess hall like I did at the sushi bar. :cen:

Good forum here glad to be apart of it.

Welcome to the forums, I'm sure the soldiers will appreciate your cooking talents too.

Hello sir. It is an honor.

Your culinary talents must be very good.

Well at least I won't have to listen to the liberals comparing a SEAL that smacked around a terrorist a bit to Hitler in the mess hall like I did at the sushi bar.

It'll be better if you leave the liberals part out to make a more formal introduction. Either than that, welcome sir.

Thanks.

From a M60A3 tank crewman to a sushi chef, interesting.. :D

Thanks for your intro.

Welcome to the forums, I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.. :)

Welcome to the fo.....huh? Why brought a thread alive from very early 2005?

:)

Last edited:
hahahahaha, sorry TI. Thought it was funny and it is a Vet who hasn't been here for awhile, hope he's alright. Thought maybe if he got an email notification, he would/might check in.

Correction: I am assuming he's a Vet with the Army reference.

Glad you said it and not me :)

Just kidding...

Haha reminds me of a friend of mine the other day on the beach who went with me to collect some woods to make a fire and he forgot to wear his T-shirt so ended up all scratched up. When he returned he asked his wife all pissedoff "Anne, c'm on, say it to me" and his wife, with no prior agreement, "You're an idiot" - "That's right I am I didn't want to say it to myself". :-D

Yeah the veteran has never come back.

Back