Guardian

bulldogg

Milforum's Bouncer
Damn good movie, highly recommended. I hope PJ24 has a chance to see it and comment. I would be interested to hear how close this movie portrays PJ training. I would say that the clash portrayed between the young cocky high school swimming star and the experienced highly decorated Senior Chief rescue swimmer is one that many of our members here could learn from... or wait till BASIC and learn it the hard way.
:dive:

Damn good movie, highly recommended. I hope PJ24 has a chance to see it and comment. I would be interested to hear how close this movie portrays PJ training. I would say that the clash portrayed between the young cocky high school swimming star and the experienced highly decorated Senior Chief rescue swimmer is one that many of our members here could learn from... or wait till BASIC and learn it the hard way.
:dive:

I've seen it, it was a pretty good movie, of course Hollywoodized, but it was also good PR for the Coast Guard and the AST field.

As for its relation to Pararescue training, the movie was about Coast Guard Rescue swimmers, so the training was completely different than what PJs go through.

While rescue is both CG swimmers and PJs primary mission, the fields differ from training to how we conduct our missions.

Thanks for that PJ.

Too bad we don't have any Coast Guard puddle pirates members of the forum.
:)

Thanks for that PJ.

Too bad we don't have any Coast Guard puddle pirates members of the forum.
:)

All of the guys I've talked to said they liked it and as far as Hollywood goes, it was fairly accurate. The PR it got for them is outstanding. I think the movie makes the training look a little easier, but TV tends to do that like they did with our indoc on the discovery channel. I've never met a rescue swimmer that wasn't squared away and 110% committed to his job.

Back