Guard May Be Deployed To Stem Flow Of Immigrants

Not likely to happen. Think of the enormous cost. How long will this last, one month ? Six months? years?

I say about bloody time. Hell, it doesn't get in the way of the Posse Comitatus Act if it is done by the states in which the national guard units belong too.

If Texas wishes to deploy its national guard units on the border. It can, why because it is a state choice. Not a federal one.

I hope it goes through and I'm willing to pay the damn money. Better that my taxes goes to the National Guard manning the border than some damn liberal welfare scam.

It would be a sure way to fix the border now until some plan can be hatched for a long term fix.

I feel GW and the rest of the government has got it all wrong. We need to secure the borders before worrying about those who are already here. It's like when a water pipe bursts in a house. Do you clean up the spilled water first or do you shut the flow of water off first?

What is GW stands for? Anyway, I think Texas National Guard should send to Laredo and border. Laredo is one of most violent city in Texas or USA, I think.

Militarize the border as much as possible, put more electronic surveilance systems in place to detect illegals crossing border, do not give jobs to illegal aliens because it drives more and more of them to flee their own countries and ask your elected officials to be tough on illegal alien issues

Interesting...Doody, you're absolutely right. Why worry about the immigrants that are already here when more are going to come in and take their places when we get them out?? Great metaphor with the water pipe. And pheonix, you're right too. We need to crack down on these illegal immigrants.

This is a band aid approach and a political stunt. Even 3 light Infantry Divisions 33,000 men wouldn't be enough to guard the entire southern border. What is needed is internal enforcement, extremely lethal laws against companies who hire them. Make it a class B Felony with manditory fines and long jail terms and watch these illegals leave in droves. :evil:

Easy man...breath...goosfaba...lol...Good idea though. We need law enforcements help if we are ever to fully exterminate the illegals problem.

Actually Red China has the right ideas when it comes to protecting their Borders. Doody i like your new avatar...

Bad idea, in my opinion. Remember the lawsuit that resulted in over a million in settlements to the goat herder that was killed during a JTF-6 operation. Imagine the lawsuits that will come from it. If you don't, Google Esequiel Hernandez.

An even bigger issue. The guard is stretched. With 18 month deployments, many about to return for a second, this will be a huge strain. People are finding it difficult enough to maintain their lives, bills and jobs with current OCONUS deployments, adding CONUS deployments into the mix will not help.

Either the guard is CONUS only or it isn't, you can't have both and expect to maintain an effective force. If these guys wanted to be deployed all of the time, they would have gone RA.

Stop calling them illegal immigrants ....

C/1Lt Henderson said:
Interesting...Doody, you're absolutely right. Why worry about the immigrants that are already here when more are going to come in and take their places when we get them out?? Great metaphor with the water pipe. And pheonix, you're right too. We need to crack down on these illegal immigrants.
Stop calling them illegal immigrants ... they are illegal "ALIENS".

When you use the term immigrant to talk about the aliens who snuck across the border, you smear every single person who legally followed the law when they 'immigrated' to this country. Being an immigrant, you follow all of the requirements to become a citizen ... you become an American no matter what your country of origin was ... these illegal aliens were/are/will continue to be unwelcome aliens in this country until the day they are caught and sent home. (You note I didn't call them 'guests' ... we didn't invite them. They entered this country like a thief in the night). Just like a burgler who is caught and sent to prison, the only thing we should do with these illegal aliens is to catch them and send them home (no matter how many times it takes).

I call them illegal immigrants and I smear no one. The fact that they are illegal and have immigrated from one country to another makes the tag "illegal immigrant" correct.

Main Entry: im·mi·grant
Function: noun
Pronunciation: 'i-mi-gr&nt
: one that immigrates: as a : a person who comes to a country to take up permanent residence b : a plant or animal that becomes established in an area where it was previously unknown

I think that is going above and beyond nitpicking. You use the term "alien," others may choose to use "immigrant." Regardless of the second part, the first still says ILLEGAL.

Back