Guard Duty Question

mvilla2426

Hey guys.....

Question for you all...... When one is deployed, how long can guard Duty last??

I'm not sure if this violates OPSEC or not, but since none of you know Dexter's unit information, I guess its safe enough.....

Anyway. he says he is going on a 6 day long guard duty, but I don't believe it. I think he is going on some sort of mission he either can't say anything about or going to do something that he knows will worry me....

Convoys worry me more than anything!!

Anyway..... I just want to know if I am worried over nothing... Thanks!

Soldiers are made to adapt to any situation and drive on especially in times of combat, even though I am not personally experienced in that area yet, through training I have learned that you can make your body pretty much do whatever it needs to do to go on, it is a survival technique. First and for most is saftey...saftey....saftey, that is always always preached...stay alert stay alive....dont worry everything will work out just fine.

Guard duty can be a couple of different details, but there really is no set amount of days. It could be a couple to a lot, it all depends upon the detail and the amountof people that are on the same duty.

guard duty is about the most boring thing you can do on a deployment. Most of the time you'll be at your post and nothing will go on. As for the 6 day guard duty. He might be assigned to be on guard duty for those 6 days, but he may only be at his post 6 hours a day. For example; I was assigned to guard army and civilian engineers as they inspected bridges around baghdad for 3 weeks. We went out about 4-5 times a week and anywhere from 2-8 hours. No one ever attacked us and I got to buy freash fruit form the locals. I hope this helps

Thanks guys!!

I actually asked my Dad about this, when I visited my parents today, and he gave me all the info I needed!!!

But Thanks!

Back