GSG9 Wins World SWAT Challenge

Hmm, seem as if you're right. Never heard of that. I'm going to ask a friend who is in police, when I meet him.

Jäger said:
FutureDevilDog said:
i just watched it on TV and they only show the GSG-9 twice, without showing there faces. Let me tell you they dominated every obstacle.

The members of GSG9 never show their faces in TV. So nobody knowns that they are GSG9 they just appear as regular members of the 'Bundesgrenzschutz'

Actually the announcer said that, "up next, germanys GSG-9" only twice, once was in a dark tunnel crawl and the other you just couldn't see there faces.

I think true police units are better at CQB than military special ops. Police units train and drill 24/7 in urban settings, whether elite military units such as Seals, SAS, Spetsnatz, Grom, Force Recon, etc, have a much broader goal, they train in every possible scenario with larger support, etc.

I wonder where would specially dedicated CT units such as Seal Team 6, Delta Force, or Alpha group, etc, would qualify though.

http://specwarnet.net/europe/oni.htm

Our ONI (Ordningspolisens Nationella Insatsstyrka) but i doubt they had entered as its not a SWAT unit. As its a CT unit using military hardware (not said there but they also use AK5s and use military transport aswell as police transport) That site doesn't seem to be the most accurat site as they have false information.

We also have SSG (Särskilda Skydds Gruppen) and is comparable to SAS and Delta etc.

On that site its said that SSG does not do missions internationally, which is bluntly false as that is the only thing they do as they are not allowed to operate inside Swedish territory :roll:

I doubt the Swedish SWAT (not referig to ONI this time) was in that compatition but i have no list of those countrys who partisipated. :cry:

Back