Groundhog Day

Charge 7

Master Gunner
Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow today. Americans know what that means - six more weeks of hard winter :(

He's pretty accurate btw. I can't remember a year he hasn't been on the money.

Oh goody, it's been winter here in Texas for about... 12 days so far so I'm glad we'll get to see more of this sub-90 degree weather.

Compared to the temps we've been having it's a regular heat wave here now at 22° F or -6° C. Just a few days ago it was much, much colder.

nulli secundus said:
Schwul, I hate you. :evil: :evil: :evil: Send some of the hot weather our way.

Well, looking out the window at my thermometer it's only 22c here...but if you want that. ;]

This could just as easily go in the "Other Jokes" forum but it's on topic so I'm putting it here.

Over breakfast one morning, a woman said to her husband, "I'll bet you don't know what day this is."

"Of course I do," he answered as if he was offended, and left for the office.

At 10:00 a.m., the doorbell rang and when the woman opened the door, she was handed a box of a dozen long stemmed red roses. At 1:00 p.m., a foil-wrapped, two-pound box of her favorite chocolates was delivered. Later, a boutique delivered a designer dress.

The woman couldn't wait for her husband to come home.

"First the flowers, then the chocolates and then the dress!" she exclaimed. "I've never had a more wonderful Groundhog Day in my life!"

hey i live in florida. are winter is from midnight to 6:30. around mid 60s. at noon, its a good 70-75, hot and humid.

oi

Thats like rubbing salt in to a brit's fresh wound!

We have cold winter type weather 24/7 apart from maybe 1 month a year lol

:cen:

oh yeah i forgot, winter last as long as it takes for the cold front to past. 5-7 days.

i live in south fl.

Back