Ground radar

frosty

Hello everybody,

I am trying to get an idea of the battlefield surveillance and weapons locating radar systems that are in use in ex Soviet bloc countries. I have the names of some systems, for example SNAR-10 and ZOOPARK-1, but I have very littlw info on who has what, when they got it, and how many they have.

Anybody know about these systems?

The SNAR-10 (Stantsyiya Nazemnoy Artilleriyskoy Razvedki) nicknamed by NATO as "Big Fred". Introduced to the Russian army in 1975.

The system consists of a two-dimensional pulse Doppler radar, navigation system, and topographic equipment housed in a turret that is mounted on an amphibious MT-LB tracked vehicle.

When traveling the antenna folds forward onto the top of the turret. The standard MT-LB forward turret-mounted 7.62-mm machine gun is retained for defensive purposes.

Read more and pictures seen at http://www.kgwings.com/snar10/snar10.html

ZOOPARK-1 Target Locating and Fire Control System

Read more about it here at http://warfare.ru/?catid=251&linkid=2434

Did it help you along?

Thanks - but I've seen those webpages. What I'm interested in is the other Soviet bloc systems such as Small Fred and Small Yawn, and who else uses them. Also, is anybody familiar with a surveillance system called HP-100? I think it is also a Soviet bloc radar system, but I haven;t found any text about it.

I didn't find anythin on "Small Fred" or "Small Yawn" now, but I will look into it if you like and see what I can come up with. Do you have any other spesifications on those systems that you can post to ease the search?

If you want a comprehensive list over each and every countrys military hardware the best way is to visit their official military webpages, if any, and go from there.

THanks - I'll try that, not had much luck with it so far, but is probably just a case of digging away!

Also, do you have any idea if CYMBELINE, the mortat loc radar is still in use anywhere in Europe?

RD170BT Norway ground radar

Hello again,

Does anybody know who supplied the RD170BT ground surveillance radar to Norway? Any other info on that particular system would be good too.

Thanks

Back