The Grog - Page 2

--

November 19th, 2004  
rotc boy

the grog was the name of a bar where i used to live
July 25th, 2005  
LeEnfield

Grog was served in the Royal Navy from the very early days until the 1970's. Grog consisted of a ladel of Rum and a ladel of water and it was issued free every day on board ship.
March 11th, 2006  
Rob Henderson

The acctual tradition of the grog is when old infantrymen were fighting for the west, they would often share their drinks with one another, ensuring that each of the men had enough to drink. they would pour all their spirits into one bowl and thus: BEHOLD THY GROG! it became very potent and dangerous, but it quickly created a feeling of comradery among the troops. now-a-days, the grog is used during formal and informal military celebrations. it consists of whatever the grog master puts into it....my grog at my military ball consisted of hawaiian punch, gatorade powder, chocolate syrup,strawberry sundae topping, and sprite....I had to drink it...it sucked...
--
March 12th, 2006  
Marinerhodes

Wet Downs and Evening Mess...the best !!
March 13th, 2006  
PJ24

<shudder> Those hangovers are always the worst.
March 14th, 2006  
babyboy4u363

speaking of hangovers, when you drink alcohol, the liver uses sugar from your blood to help break it down, therefore leaving your brain short of sugar, id est leading to a hangover. However if you eat sugary snacks like chocolate etc, you will crash, so the key to not getting a hangover is eating decent savoury food whilst drinking. Or so my MO friend says.
March 14th, 2006  
PJ24

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyboy4u363
speaking of hangovers, when you drink alcohol, the liver uses sugar from your blood to help break it down, therefore leaving your brain short of sugar, id est leading to a hangover. However if you eat sugary snacks like chocolate etc, you will crash, so the key to not getting a hangover is eating decent savoury food whilst drinking. Or so my MO friend says.
Wishful thinking, that's all that is.
March 15th, 2006  
Rob Henderson

really...wow...this weekend im gonna need alotta hersheys...hahaha just messin y'all...dont call the po-po on me!
October 27th, 2008  
BritinAfrica

Topic: Navy Rum Issue

It is rumoured that as Lord Nelson didn't agree with corporal punishment, he suggested that the men who transgressed should forfeit their daily issue of rum. The sailors apparently sent a petition, respectfully asking that flogging be re-implemented rather then forfeiting their rum issue.
November 15th, 2009  
chet41117

Gentlenem and Women,

Grog is the Devil, that is all...