Gripen Demonstrator – The Future has Arrived!

rock45

Gripen Demonstrator – The Future has Arrived!

Today in Linköping, Sweden, Saab and its powerful network of leading international aerospace partners, proudly unveiled the first of the next generation of combat fighters, the Gripen Demonstrator aircraft.
080418360.jpg
4/23/2008 | In an event attended by over 700 international guests which was broadcast ‘live’ around the world, the Gripen Demonstrator (Demo) aircraft was ‘rolled-out’ in a spectacular ceremony in front of the world’s media.

The Gripen Demonstrator programme is the pathfinder for a whole new generation of technologies and capabilities to ensure that Gripen remains at the leading edge of fighter aircraft performance and capability well beyond 2040. The programme includes the development of a new Gripen test flying platform - Gripen Demo - and the Gripen Avionics Rig. The Gripen Demo includes new features such as the General Electric F414G Turbofan engine with increased thrust, a new Saab/Thales active electronically-scanned array (AESA) radar, increased fuel capacity for extended range, improved landing gear, increased weapons and stores capabilities, advanced communications and defensive systems and world-beating avionics structures.

Link to full story
http://www.gripen.com/en/MediaRelations/News/2008/Gripen_Demonstrator_The_Future_has_Arrived.htm

Extensive overhaul under way on some 20 aircraft originally ordered for the Swedish Air Force to match a Norwegian offer to buy if someone else in the world buys the new model..

Gripen question

KJ have you heard anything about Colombia looking into buy Gripen's? I have a friend who lives in Colombia he mentioned to me that people from his government were in your country to disgust such matters anything in the press? Thanks

Last edited:
I am not in a position to read alot of newspapers right now so I dunno if it has reached the press.
But I do know that Colombia have had a chance to see the Gripen aircraft up close and personal..

If they intend to buy or not I do not know.
//KJ.

Colombia

Thanks KJ,

South America is changing big time I'm waiting on Ecuador to match Colombia Kfir purchases. Both Ecuador and Colombia produce more then 500,000 barrels of oil per day now, Ecuador a little more.

The new and old Gripen's seem like a first rate jet fighters honesty I don't know much about them compared to other fighters. I was reading some good words about them in a thread in the South Africa I think Aviation forum. They performed well against the teen series interesting reading and are difficult to pick up.

Back