Grenades

What's your favorite World War 2 grenade?

• German Stick Grenade

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • American or British Pineapple Grenade

• Russian RGD Grenade

• Total voters
Yeah that Japanese grenade was a real good one. It required a sharp smack to be armed so Japanese troops repeatedly smacked it on their own helmets before throwing - a sound the American GIs quickly came to recognize and take appropriate actions for.

Just call me a Hawaiian and give me my pineapples. ;)

The German one, I remember my dad did carve one for me in wood while being a kid - we did some long throws with that one :D

If your too close to throw a grenade, you can use it as a baton so there are multiple useages for that design :roll:

I trained with the pineapple in the Army and they were pretty heavy. The German grenade on a stick (sounds like a State fair snack) afforded more leverage for distance but were too big to carry many per man. I'd probably stick with the German "potato masher."

I voted Potatomasher grende (german grenade) Because it is has a long distance

Those Italian grenades were strange looking.

O.T.O. Mod.35

1935oto4fu.jpg

S.R.C.M. Mod.35

srcm9rt.jpg

I am sorry but i feel like an idiot, i only know the two designs of the German and American/British grenades, could you possibly post pics of the Japanese and Russian designs, very sorry.

But out of the ones i know i would vote for the Pineapple

Jason Bourne said:
I am sorry but i feel like an idiot, i only know the two designs of the German and American/British grenades, could you possibly post pics of the Japanese and Russian designs, very sorry.

Click on this site and choose a flag. You'll be amazed and amused at what some countries used as grenades. When you go to the end of the country flags, you'll find a link called "grenade manuals" which shows some construction. Every picture that pops up is clickable to further info on the different grenades.

http://www.inert-ord.net/index.html#home

Missileer said:
Jason Bourne said:

Click on this site and choose a flag. You'll be amazed and amused at what some countries used as grenades. When you go to the end of the country flags, you'll find a link called "grenade manuals" which shows some construction. Every picture that pops up is clickable to further info on the different grenades.

http://www.inert-ord.net/index.html#home

Wow, that's such an awesome site! There are so many types of grenades out there. Good site. 8)

Back